Author Topic: pre 95  (Read 5476 times)

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
pre 95
« on: July 09, 2016, 12:54:47 PM »
probably covered before, but is there any class for a 1995 bike? can any one send me a link to a board that discussed this question or if anyone knows off hand please let me know.
Political correctness is a doctrine,fostered by journalists and politicians, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: pre 95
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 04:38:53 PM »
VIPER in Victoria have a pre'95 open all powers class. It's become very popular & has one of the biggest fields of entrants. Some really nice, trick bikes amongst them too. Have a look at www.viper-mx.com or Viper VMXC open page on Facebook.
K
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 04:41:14 PM by bigk »

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 07:39:31 PM »
Cheers K
Political correctness is a doctrine,fostered by journalists and politicians, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 09:03:34 PM »
Qld, Vic, and WA all run a Pre-95 class.
Not so much elsewhere, although (IIRC) there will be one at the Hawkesbury River Classic.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 09:59:18 PM »
QVMX runs a all in pre 95 class, numbers are good and geting stronger .
My fastest lap is the first one :)

HeavenVMX

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 09:01:53 AM »
Qld, Vic, and WA all run a Pre-95 class.
Not so much elsewhere, although (IIRC) there will be one at the Hawkesbury River Classic.

Hawkesbury River Classic?

Are you thinking of the Port Macquarie 'State of Origin' Inter-club?

As for the original question there is no club running a post classic class for a '95 model (would require Pre2000) to my knowledge. Some clubs do run an open 2 stroke class I believe.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 09:05:59 AM by HeavenVMX »

Offline Gippslander

• A-Grade
  • Google "Ancient Greek Sculpture for Kids" 2C more
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 07:35:38 PM »
Rocketfrog,   if you are in Victoria have a look at the Viper website, a great  club,  good numbers  and great tracks
Enthusiastic committee - well organised
They run modern classes which you would fit into and you will almost certainly find that nobody will complain about you running some of the other classes (even though/strictly speaking your bike might not comply) because so long as you are not at the pointy end and taking out those fabulous trophies everybody will understand you are just there for a good time,   there are some really competitive riders but have not met a rule Nazi so far –  ;D
They even organise  a crew to do the flagging/corner duty so you just pay your money and have a great day racing – look forward to seeing you there
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 12:46:23 AM by Gippslander »

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 07:17:13 AM »
I am in QLD guys, I have a lead on a 1995 YZ250 in great condition and wanted to know if it could be raced in the the pre 95 class before I comitted to purchase. I was actually looking for a 92-94 model when this 95 turned up. I went and checked it out and it is a cherry, but maybe not yet legible for VMX :-\

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 08:30:41 AM »
Nope, gotta be a 94 or older for pre 95, bugger :(

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2016, 09:31:41 AM »
The 95 could easily be disguised as/converted to a 94 if you swapped the barrel (and you'd also need to swap to the matching exhaust).

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2016, 10:10:14 AM »
Thanks guys, I thought as much. Nathan I actually was thinking along those lines as that is pretty much the size of the differences I can see. Maybe I should buy it and put it away for a rainy day, I would hate to see some douche waste it doing burn outs in the ghetto. ::)

Offline gra1961

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 07:43:09 AM »
so its in inala?

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2016, 12:17:09 PM »
Inala, no. I dont think the Inala locals even know what a Yamaha is. Dirt bikes are made by the Happy Lucky Dragon Dirt Bike company over that way.