Author Topic: RV125 Resto  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
RV125 Resto
« on: February 02, 2016, 12:10:59 pm »
I another topic I posted a couple of pictures of the RV125 that has been lurking in my shed for 20 odd year and a wreck that I picked up in October 2015.

In November the set of new tires arrived from the US of A, and December I finally got my act together and started work on restoring the better RV, using some of the parts from the wreck, such as the gear selector shaft (of course the gear lever had been welded on to the good bike) and a few other parts that I was either missing of were unsalvageable.

Over the weekend, I finally got it up on its wheels, having had all necessary bits powder coating and all the nuts, bots, washers, springs etc zinc plated.

Here is how it stands now.

I am currently preparing  the body work for painting, but it may take a while as the rear guard had been patched up and contained a lot more bog than  I thought. I also have all the chrome work boxed up ready to go to the chrome platers, I just need to wait for the finances to improve enough to be able to pay for it.

I getting a few bits from Kessner's in Adelaide, and I have been surprised at how much is still available for these bikes from Suzuki.

Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: RV125 Resto
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 07:15:55 pm »
Hey that is looking great Col. I have a soft spot for the RV's, I have great memories on an RV90 which my Dad still has but she hasn't fired for a few years now. I would like to freshen up the top end one day and get her out and about again. The Chineeses are making a rip off of the RV with a Chonda 4 stroke engine which is called a T-Rex. I reckon most bits would fit straight onto the old RV. Great to see they are still about.
Political correctness is a doctrine,fostered by journalists and politicians, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: RV125 Resto
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 07:12:13 pm »
 :D Yum ! Great work Col! Cheers Tim754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.