Author Topic: Nylon cable guide rings  (Read 2593 times)

maxvmx

Nylon cable guide rings
« on: August 05, 2015, 07:33:45 pm »
Does anyone know who makes the white nylon front brake cable guide rings that are used on PE's and some Yamaha trail bikes? I've seen them on ebay on occasion but have been late to act on it and never caught the sellers details?

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
Re: Nylon cable guide rings
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 08:55:34 pm »
Kedo Australia has the Yamaha ones on there site and the stainless steel holders to hold the rings in they suit Xt,tt500 but they will fit some other Yamaha models .
If you give me the measurement of your triple bolt hole centres I can check mine and you could use the same ones..

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 10:18:17 pm »
I bought a metre length of yellow nylon (could have used white) from the local bearing shop and made up 20 or so on the lathe, took minutes once i got the tool set up. Over the years i have given them all away save for a couple that i have as spares for my own bikes. If you've got access to a lathe it's piss easy.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 11:16:25 am »
Not available genuine?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 07:22:31 pm »
If you go to a cheap shop you can buy a nylon cutting board for around $7 Take it home to your shed. Use a spade bit & hole saw sand paper & then just maybe you'll have what you want. With enough left over cutting board for chain blocks & more rings if need be. Jimson
Just a balless freak having a go