Author Topic: Classic AND Post classic dirt track for Coffs Harbour  (Read 4092 times)

Offline FireKwaka

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Classic AND Post classic dirt track for Coffs Harbour
« on: November 28, 2014, 09:18:37 pm »
The Coffs Harbour MCC has been awarded to run the NSW Senior Dirt Track Titles for 2015, the date is tentatively scheduled for the 19th and 20th of September. We have included Classic all powers, Post Classic all powers and Over 35’s as support classes but still with prize money up for grabs in each.  The support classes are for 12 entries each class only. The modern classes will be as listed in the MOMS for a state title so the action will be full on. The track is 780m of loose cushion track and is a real leveler, a good 250 can run with the big bores.  To add to the spectacle several of the countries best Dirt Trackers have indicated attendance on some of the fastest 450 and 250’s around. The CHMCC has a good vintage following and we would love to see a grid full of 2 bangers and bombed old school 4 strokes showing the crowd the sounds of yesteryear. Camping is available at the track with a couple of clean hot showers, this great facility and friendly club is located Just 3kms away from plenty of accommodation in the spectacular tourist location of Coffs Harbour. I will post more info early 2015 once we get further into the organizing. Thought I would start spreading the word hoping to get some interest from fellow vintage dirt trackers.
83 KX500, 83 RM250D, Can Am MX2.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Classic AND Post classic dirt track for Coffs Harbour
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 10:19:23 pm »
hi
all things being good i will come if there is room
pre65 650 triumph flattracker
pre75 honda cr250
pre78 bultaco astro
jim

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 08:09:41 am »
What is the cut off year for classic all powers and post Classic all powers??

Offline FireKwaka

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 10:59:21 am »
Pre 78 for Classics and Pre 90 for Post classics, Evo's in with the Post classics.

Offline FireKwaka

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 02:45:31 pm »
This event is gearing up to be spectacular.

Polish your iron boys and girl, great opportunity to showcase our sport amongst people that appreciate our efforts.

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 09:23:10 pm »
I'm going to try and make this one.

Offline FireKwaka

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 08:23:24 pm »
Good Stuff 09.0. Hopefully with the home track advantage I might get a bit closer to you than I can on a MX track.

As Coffs Harbour is halfway between Brisbane and Sydney it's a good opportunity for state of origin challenge. I would hate for a Queenslander to take out a NSW title !!!

Offline FireKwaka

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 08:32:36 pm »
Here it is people, sup regs and online entry.

http://www.racesecretary.com/2015-nsw-senior-dt-champs

Only 12 spots in both Classics and Post Classics, prize money for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Get amongst it.

I have stuck my neck out by including these 2 vintage classes so I am really hoping to fill the grids.

I have entered the over 35's (CRF450) and the Post Classics (Rm250D), Unfortunately I broke my CanAm MX2 so miss out on the Classic class.

Offline FireKwaka

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 07:58:06 pm »
Come on guys, no classics have entered yet !!!! Please don’t let Classic Dirt Track in Australia die.

We only need up to 24 bikes.

What more can we provide? There are 2 classes of any capacity, any age rider, prize money, 2 days of action, great track, no tyre hassles, camping at the track, a hot shower, great location, close by accommodation and plenty of attractions for supporters that don’t want to be at the race for 2 days.

With the influx of pre 90 bikes around surely someone wants to stretch the legs on their machines without having to be super fit. MX setup works fine, just throw a soft trials tyre on the rear and gearing for 110 to 120klms/hr.

Start the school holidays with some excitement, it will be worth the trip just to see some of the fastest dirt trackers in action. We have the opportunity to show our sport at a state title event so let’s have a go.
 :)