Author Topic: VCM RD 1 RACE REPORT  (Read 1935 times)

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
VCM RD 1 RACE REPORT
« on: June 19, 2015, 04:21:17 pm »
I got home from the City at 1:00 am painfully aware that I had to be up at 5:30 am to pick up neighbour Matt and his young bloke Alex at 0545. Somehow I dragged my sorry arse out of bed and staggered around to Matts place on time. Hitched the trailer up and off we went. Only 2 stops through the wilds of Pakenham Upper for young Alex to stop for a spew. Luckily Matt has him trained to alert him. Touch and go the first time and I actually offered my hat as a bucket as we struggled to get him out of his safety harness. Once on the Princess Hwy he fell asleep and we continued on to Yallourn where we slowed to 20kph due to the fog. Others with obvious special powers of vision kept pushing through at warp speed. Eventually we got to Sale and disappointingly had to settle for Maccas coffees as nothing else was open. Lift your game Sale! Refreshed sort of we continued onto the world famous Krusics Ride Park. Through the mist we could see what looked like a tent city which turned out to be the VCM pits. We cruised in fashionably late and secured a position on the edge of the teeming crowd at the top of a slight rise. Even though I was unable to ride as a Bultaco owner you instinctively pit at the top of any available hill! We wandered down to see Frank and Daz processing the entries with all agreeing the the new on line entry system is working a treat. Before we new it the riders briefing was on and we took the opportunity to hand out the VCM 2015 series poster. They went like hot cakes and weirdly a few people asked me to sign them. Yes it is I on the mighty Phantom at Ravo in 1975. I have some left if anyone wants one or pick one up at RD2. Then the racing started with full grids in all classes. In particular it was great to see the Pre 75's out and about. The vintage friendly track flowed beautifully through a few trees and undulations. No mud or dust plenty of different lines. VMX heaven I was assured by "Goose" As The VCM juggernaut rolls on it has caught the interest of a couple of Croweaters by the name Of Steve Magnusson and Rhys Wilson. Steve is a very average punter :) but young Rhys is lightning quick on his 76 YZ 250 and his battles with Aiden Gale on his ratty sounding patriotic themed  RM370 were a standout. It would be remiss of me if I didn't mention our support class crazies battling it out for the Victorian Mini Motocross championship. We love having these guys involved with their wild riding styles and close racing. The day finished up about 3:30 with no injuries, no dramas and everybody leaving with big smiles. Many thanks to Dan Krusics for the the track preparation, the first aides and especially all from East Malvern MCC without which the day wouldn't have been the success that it was.

Offline mposs

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: VCM RD 1 RACE REPORT
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 08:14:57 pm »
Thanks for the report Jerry, sounds like it was a great day. I love that track Dan lets you guys use for the Vintage MX events. I was overseas so could not make it unfortunately. Any photos from the day?

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 08:19:32 pm »
Good stuff Jerry, glad to hear you're still a party boy.
Now, where's your photo's (of the track, not your Sat night)
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Digga

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 11:18:28 am »
Fog? What fog? Start the car, select Drive, Point towards NZ, Cruise control on & Bingo, arrive at Krusics  ;D ;D ;D

Had a great day, love the track & best of all, no Monza glue clay to chisel off the bikes  ;)
1977 Yamaha YZ250D, 1977 Yamaha YZ400D, 1980 Yamaha YZ125G

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 12:45:29 pm »
no only are you the VCM poster Boy i saw you on Channel 7 news a few weeks back J man ( Jerry Hauly subtitled from those flunkies).
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)