Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2318 times)

Offline c_stewart

• Novice
    • View Profile
Hello
« on: April 30, 2015, 06:30:43 pm »
Hello,
I'm 25 and recently moved to Brisbane from Sydney, I've spent the past year and a half restoring a 74 CR250M which I inherited from and uncle. I've restored vintage road bikes before (RD250C, H2 750B) but this is my first dirt bike restoration. Apart from what I've learnt while restoring the bike over the past 18 months, I know very little about it. Now that I'm getting close to completing the project, I'm hoping to get some insight on tuning, I also have some questions about shimming the gearbox and installing a stronger kick start mechanism (questions I wish I had asked before re-assembling the engine!!).

Cheers
Chris

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 07:45:09 pm »
Welcome chris
You are a baby 25 , good to see a young chap keen on the old rockets keeping the dream alive  8)
Plenty of help on here , but I can't help on the cr sorry , I am a Yamaha guy  ;D
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:53:06 pm by mick25 »

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 09:30:23 pm »
Hi mate  :) An RD 250 and a widow-maker H2 750 triple!!!!! Mmmm good fun choices! ;) now for the CR .Cheers Tim754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline YZmoneypit

• Novice
  • Yz259f, tt500d BMCC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 06:53:47 pm »
Hi Chris. I'm just new to the forum and from Brisbane. Your bike and yourself sound like a good candidate for the BMCC at Nudgee. If you're not already a member you should come along and catch up with the CR guys at a practice day. It's a friendly helpful club where you'd be welcome.
Cheers, Peter

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 07:37:27 pm »
Welcome c stewart, tune it to run on methanol if your gunna race it.
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline c_stewart

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 08:06:58 am »
Thanks for the warm welcome!
I did look into the BMCC and once the bike is finished I will definitely be joining, it looks like a great club!