Author Topic: Cam chain tool  (Read 1482 times)

Offline Curtis

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • japspec.com.au
Cam chain tool
« on: April 22, 2015, 11:20:32 am »
I'm not a big fan of joining timing chains, rather use endless.
 Iv got a couple of timing chain tools which are pretty average, the steel is to soft when trying too peen a hardened steel pin. Can anyone recommend a good quality brand chain riveting/ penning tool for the job??  :D

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Cam chain tool
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 12:51:04 pm »
I have an older "Snap on tools" set that was gifted to me. Quality item that does single row ,hyvo, chain saw and heaps of others, would/will last lifetimes. Don't know if this type still available,  they were $600+  :o now probably $ 1000 + who knows ..........
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 12:54:35 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 02:42:30 pm »
the gen yamaha cam chain tool was easy to use and had a special pin for berring the joiner th0ugh im sure thered be something similar on ebay

Offline Curtis

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • japspec.com.au
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 05:06:01 pm »
That SNAP ON one sounds nice! but snap on are way over price. I have a kit almost identical to the Ebay one but is poor quality, id be happy to pay a couple hundred for a decent one, just thought someone may have some experience with a nice tool. Genuine tools are good quality but all the manufacturers use endless chains so they don't make a tool for the job.