Author Topic: Iridium Plugs - Ducks nuts or Utter rubbish  (Read 24193 times)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Iridium Plugs - Ducks nuts or Utter rubbish
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2015, 12:16:30 pm »
"what happens to an ES plug in an engine properly tuned".

As we have discussed and agreed before:
There's LOTS of difference between top level road-race engines and vintage PE175's (or TS185's).

But, as this is a Vintage Forum, we need to consider those types of machines and their practicalities as well.
How would the NSR respond to the thermal shock of being ridden into and submerged in a creek at full race temperature and then be forced to drag it's arse back to full speed immediately after?

It's not my place to recommend anything to any-one, let alone insist on it.
I just reported my experience to see if anyone else had experienced something similar.
Cheers, DJ

All depends on who is riding the bike. Fast riders put greater demands on the bike. Fast riders can explain to tuner small aspects of engine/chassis/suspension they want altered and by how much. PE is an Enduro bike, there would be no real difference in loads for a road race engine compared to a fast 13 yr old on an 85cc or a 16 yr old on a 125cc for either mx or dirt track. Both of those will be held flat for the race.   Ridden through some deep rivers at the old Oran Park in the intermittent storms that used to grace there.  ;D A water cooled engine would cope far better than an air cooled engine.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
Re: Iridium Plugs - Ducks nuts or Utter rubbish
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2015, 12:20:18 pm »
Shite! I had no idea there were (are) imitation spark plugs being made. I hope the Denso plugs I just bought for my HSV VN aren't cheap fakes......
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.