Author Topic: Bridgestone Tyres  (Read 2584 times)

Offline maxi81

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Bridgestone Tyres
« on: March 07, 2015, 12:09:44 pm »
Looking at getting some bridgestone tyres, anyone got a particular one they like? I live in Brisbane so will be riding my bike at QMP occasionally and looking at maybe riding some local VMX events. Any advice on what tyre to choose?

Thanks

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgestone Tyres
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 12:30:05 pm »
Looking at getting some bridgestone tyres, anyone got a particular one they like? I live in Brisbane so will be riding my bike at QMP occasionally and looking at maybe riding some local VMX events. Any advice on what tyre to choose?

Thanks

Hi maxi81, I have a Medium Bridgestone on back of my mega2 250, and I absolutely love it.
Unfortunately the bike is away from home in a secure storage facility, if I am there in the near future I will get the
Numbers of the side of the tyre for you.
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 01:05:18 pm »
The new X30 intermediates are the go for most conditions. They are even better than the M402/403 they replace.
K

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 01:46:20 pm »
I just watched the X30 review on Utube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ2EDx3A7lo

Thanks K

Mick.
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 12:45:57 pm »
I've got a battlecross X30R on my modern bike and it has been the best tyre I've used on the rear for a long while , for trail riding it grips well in all condition and has done allot of bush km's and worn well , can't comment on the fronts but the Dunlop geomax32f on the front is my choice at the moment I've got them on a couple of my bikes both new and old , they work well in the otways slop and the high country rocks. But tyres like oil are controversial to comment on so its just my 2 cents
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 12:50:00 pm by Andrew L »
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 06:13:08 pm »
I've got to agree with the Geomax for the front ..really great tyres.. but on the back.. what ever has a sharp edge.. I'm easily pleased.. I used a brand new Rinaldi for the Nats in Pt Augusta.. cost me $50 .. so hey..I'm happy..

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 06:46:34 pm »
I hate Dunlop Geomax tyres, no confidence in them at all. Plus I find Dunlop's a real pain to fit. It's interesting to see others have differing thoughts.
K

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 07:06:47 pm »
off the subject - ie not related to Bridgestone - but I like Michelins.
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica