Author Topic: Is Body Armour a requierment  (Read 13310 times)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
Re: Is Body Armour a requierment
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2015, 04:20:08 pm »
Cause i'm usually helping you re-attach your exhaust, get your front brakes working, getting your throttle to work, look for a spark on the YZ disco ball etc..........

Touche   ;D ;D

I need an umbrella girl AND a mechanic  ::)
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2015, 04:25:32 pm »
I need an umbrella girl AND a mechanic  ::)

You've clearly already got both in Mainline?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2015, 04:49:42 pm »
was advised to get one, bought a 661 pressure suit and about 30 seconds after heading off couldn't tell I was wearing one - absolutely love it, it is mesh and very comfortable - and has a built in kidney belt also.

No one is saying don't wear one.  All that has occurred is the rule is still the same for Classic/Post Classic and modern MX.

I haven't got full body armour but I have been thinking about it.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2015, 05:00:01 pm »
correct its now not compulsory to wear them and has been removed by a recent bulletin to fall in line with modern MX, although i personally believe it should be and MA should too if its serious about its insurance plans. 

The fact Modern currently dont ask for some back protection is but a number of reason they get the most over whelming claims from that sport and because we don't you think it would be them needing to follow us, but go figure.   Personally I think your a monkey as the guys above say if you don't where some kind of Armour or protection, a handlebar or peg in the back can make you paraplegic, so getting sweaty and looking uncool is a small price to pay for the luxury of walking.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2015, 05:06:37 pm »
If Chad doesn't need it, I don't!
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2015, 05:35:48 pm »
I had a full pressure suit but I found it to hot and restricting for me so I sold it and went back to the old style armour.
I did one race with no neck brace and armour God I feeled so free but it's only takes one get off with out the protection and you wish you had it on.
Chad doesn't wear it because it slows you down and wears you out .

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Is Body Armour a requirement
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2015, 10:29:33 am »
I wear a combo of mx style armour, elbow pads, kidney belt and neck brace that require a bit of a ritual to get on right and the whole ensemble is a bit restrictive but I now feel a bit weird riding without it. Wish i'd had the armour on when i f**ked my shoulder...

I've been thinking about one of those all in one suits for a while. Has anyone got any experience with this line of products?

http://4bpracing.com.au/armour.html

Tex
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:36:17 am by Tex »

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2015, 11:39:04 am »
yes - this is similar to the 661 pressure suit - I don't wear a neck brace but find the suit the "ducks nuts"!
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2015, 11:53:57 am »

I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2015, 01:52:23 pm »
I keep getting told off by a few mates for wearing my Dainese full body armour. Mainly because it's about 10 or 12 years old!  I wouldn't ride without it though, it's saved my elbows, forearms and back on many many occasions with negligible damage. It's plastic shells with a mesh webbing holding it all together and has proven remarkably durable.

Maybe one more year in it I reckon.

I thought the same with mine. I pop riveted the back, back together and thought "This will see me out". I had been eyeing out the new Leatt suit.

Next ride came down hard and broke three ribs and a collarbone. When I hit the ground I could feel the age of the Dianese and thoughts of the Leatt went through my mind. The Leatt wouldn't of stopped the injury, but it may of taken the edge off it.  Anyway I can now justify a new pressure suit.

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2015, 01:52:35 pm »
I don't wear anything other than my riding jumper.. copped a large rock from the back of a pre 65 500 at Port Augusta on my chest during the start of one of the races..didn't notice it until I was having a shower at Eucla on the way home.. :-[.. any way.. where there is no fence there is no ceiling...err.. sense there is no feeling..!!