Author Topic: New from Melbourne  (Read 1721 times)

Offline vmxer

• Novice
    • View Profile
New from Melbourne
« on: April 27, 2015, 03:32:13 pm »
Hello,  I've been watching here for a couple of years, I don't race but have a couple of older bikes that I ride sometimes, an RM250N & CR480, I use to race in the 70's & 80's.  A couple of my friends & work-mates sometimes race, we are in our 50's & 60's, racing is just not the same as when we were younger; carrying more weight, more injuries and more responsibilities.  Plus wearing-out vintage bikes in bad (read- muddy/wet) conditions does not interest me when I have to spend ages on ebay looking for parts.

I love the tech info that I find here, I love hearing from the enthusiasts on the forum.  :-)

John

Offline Photomike666

• Novice
  • I've got serious thrill issues, dude!
    • View Profile
Re: New from Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 05:16:31 pm »
From one newbie to another, welcome aboard.  Love the old CRs, kick start on the left is a pig but they sure got some grunt
V8 SS Ute, ZX10R (x2 road & track), '87 Honda CR250

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 06:29:52 pm »
put a light on it, grab a UVP and ride a Vinduro...great fun, check the VERI website. that rm would be sensational at the Hopetoun desert ride

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 09:58:14 am »
G'day John, I was wondering when you were going to get involved here.  It'll be good to have you contributing with your knowledge and common-sense attitude.

I understand why you don't race, there are a few people here that wonder why more older vintage riders don't get out and race; older riders just can't take the risks as we did in the 70's & 80's.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.