Author Topic: 1974 Maico tank  (Read 1254 times)

firko

1974 Maico tank
« on: July 13, 2008, 10:54:44 am »
I'm looking for an aftermarket Maico plastic tank that is similar in shape to the narrow, '74 style alloy tank as shown in the picture. An alloy original would be even better but as it's for my trials bike a plastic version will do.

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
Re: 1974 Maico tank
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 03:12:31 pm »
i'm sure a good boilermaker could knock one up to suit Firko!
and i didn't know Tanner rode a Maico?
"flat bickie"

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB

firko

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 11:53:46 pm »
Vandy....There was a time in my life when I would have whipped up a tank for the bike but those days are gone. I don't especially want an alloy tank, I have four of them from AW models. I want an aftermarket plastic tank the same shape as the '74 works alloy tank in the photo above.

Pokey...That fibreglass tank is exactly the same as the one on the bike now. I need it for the proposed resto of my other 350 square barrel. It's a bit tall anyway so I want the works tank shape to lower the profile a little, and want plastic for durability and to save a quid. Have you seen the prices these alloy tanks go for these days?

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 06:33:08 am »
I couldnt quite remember what tank she hadfirko. Only plastic tanks in a quick search that are coffin shaped appear to all be CZ jobbies. Perhaps Les from mainly maico would be the man to give a quick call to as he would be able to track down a plastic or a nice used ally one.

firko

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 11:47:05 pm »
Thanks chaps.A well known Maico guru has contacted me with the news that he has just the tank I'm looking for and that I can have it.