Author Topic: PE 250 B tough as old boots  (Read 1345 times)

maxvmx

PE 250 B tough as old boots
« on: November 04, 2014, 09:48:24 pm »
I thought I would share this, I have a PE 250 B that I restored a lifetime ago that I left in my father in laws shed in NZ in hibernation - by that I mean I drowned it with WD40 and put a tarp over it 5 years ago. Anyway I was over in NZ a week ago for a few days so before I had to leave I pulled it out of the shed, shook the tank to stir up the little bit of fuel remaining and bugger me 4 kicks and it crackled into life! Honestly the only thing stopping me from taking it into a paddock was the rear tyre that lost its inflation. These bikes were great in their time and even better now. I sprayed some more WD40 over it and put it away  for who knows when again - if anyone is in the North island (NZ) and might be interested in a won't die bike please PM me.

mainline

Re: PE 250 B tough as old boots
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 10:18:08 pm »
I'd probably change the airfilter before you ran it again.

Offline alexbrown64

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: PE 250 B tough as old boots
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 12:46:15 am »
Tough as toe nails those old girls.  Mind you... mainline may be correct though.. the air filter had probably turned to dust over 5 years and got sucked through and blown out the back..
A new one of those and some fresh juice and she will good for another 37 years!!