Author Topic: 75+ vintage / post vintage / evo MX bikes for sale  (Read 6279 times)

Offline EastCoastVintageMX

• Novice
    • View Profile
75+ vintage / post vintage / evo MX bikes for sale
« on: September 14, 2014, 01:09:56 pm »
Guys and gals - would like to introduce myself -  we have 75+ vintage / post vintage / evo MX bikes for sale. We are located in Raleigh, NC USA. We can ship to any of the major AUS ports with crating  / insurance / obtaining title for export. A single bike runs in the $995 range - email with inquires on 20ft or 40ft container. All bikes have numerous detailed pictures and a video of the bike running and shifting sent to your before final purchase. Click on the link below to view our current and coming soon inventory! Thanks for looking!

http://www.eastcoastvintagemx.com/bikes-for-sale.html

Jason Weaver
Weaver Motorsports, Inc.
East Coast Vintage MX
3101 Spring Forest Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27616 USA
www.eastcoastvintagemx.com
[email protected]
+0011 1 (919) 790-2235

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 75+ vintage / post vintage / evo MX bikes for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 03:26:41 pm »
Gone are the days of "everything's cheaper in the states" some nice ones in there though.
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Canam1

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 09:02:53 pm »
Buyer Beware of this guy Jason Weaver his bikes look fantastic in the photos but are far from it when they arrive, his shipping quotes also do not include local port charges, broker fees, quarantine, unpacking and doc fees so you can ad another $900 plus GST on the purchase price, i know several people who have been stung by this thief including me

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 09:13:30 pm »
Buyer Beware of this guy Jason Weaver his bikes look fantastic in the photos but are far from it when they arrive, his shipping quotes also do not include local port charges, broker fees, quarantine, unpacking and doc fees so you can ad another $900 plus GST on the purchase price, i know several people who have been stung by this thief including me

So if this is true, are admin going to let them continue to advertise on here??

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 09:32:09 pm »
the dollar has commenced a swan dive so it will be 85 cents shortly so the prices will be astronomical and the USA will be the stuff of dreams again.

Offline Lewis

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 06:43:21 am »
It's a learning curve importing bikes. I made inquiries(Oz based Co) and the initial cost seemed not too bad but on asking further questions I find that the price quoted is from the West Coast US(my bike was on the East Coast). Delivered to East Coast of OZ. My destination would have been Melb. So when you look at the exchange rate--cleaning and crating--freight and transport fees getting the bike to the docks--importers fees--customs and wharf handling fees-- getting the bike if you don't live near a port and if you're unlucky you could be hit up for even more expenses.(taxes). I found it cheaper, quicker and easier to have the bike sorted  in the states--stripped--packed as parts(which it is),sent over by air-mail  As parts arrived all I needed to do was re-assemble. Perfect opportunity to paint--chrome-- detail etc. I don't think Eastcoast Vintage are thieves,they are just like all the other importers-exporters,trying to make a buck and more than willing to prey on the unwary. Do your home work and ask lots of questions.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 07:41:54 am »
IMO when you add 2k to the prices listed you can buy local cheaper and not wait.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 12:11:51 pm »
but the choice is a lot greater over there for sure - although now becoming expensive
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Lewis

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 02:23:17 pm »
but the choice is a lot greater over there for sure - although now becoming expensive
Yep,that's the good thing about getting bikes from O/S. You can pick up items not available here. The dollar will get stronger again. Between now and then,find a reliable contact and do your homework. Here in Oz I've made ridiculously high bids on hard to get bikes and still been out bid. All about how much you want something. Can't take your money with you!!

Offline EastCoastVintageMX

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 12:57:14 am »
As we clearly state we handle transport only - we can't collect your governments port fees / taxes etc for you.....not sure why that is hard to grasp.......thief implies we take people's money and don't send their product - which is clearly not the case.

Offline Tahitian_Red

• Legend
  • Mugen ME480
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 04:11:42 am »
Shipping bikes or even parts from the U.S. to Oz can get complicated and expensive.  I feel bad when the shipping costs are almost as much as the item itself and try to find ways to lower those costs as much as possible when I have sold items to members here, but you get what you pay for with the shipping.  Both parties need to be protected, so I will not ship without documentation, tracking and insurance.

As someone suggested when purchasing a motor vehicle from another country, you really need to do your homework.  I have sold and shipped two bikes to OZ and both transactions went well.  They required many emails back and forth, lots of paperwork and photos taken all along the process.

East Coast Vintage may or may not give what everyone would think is a good description, but I will give them credit for taking and posting lots of large, high definition photos of the bikes.  Look at all the photos carefully and ask lots of questions before purchasing from anyone.
The "Factory Novice"
California, USA

'74 Suzuki TM100, '75 Bultaco 250 Pursang, '77 Honda XR75, '77 Suzuki RM125B, '77 Yamaha YZ400D, '79 Honda CR250RZ Moto-X Fox Replica, '83 Honda ME480RD Mugen