Author Topic: CARBY CLEANER  (Read 2074 times)

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
CARBY CLEANER
« on: September 09, 2014, 11:17:08 AM »
Was told by Carb Expert/Reconditioner they use a product called Adrox666 for soaking carbs, anybody got any??  can buy it in 20ltr but only need about 4 ltr`s
Couple of CR`s

Offline jamie ashcroft

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: CARBY CLEANER
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 06:02:06 PM »
hey i bought a wr 250 that had been stood for four years or so ,i worked at the nrma workshop in town at the time and we had a product the we had to put through subarus on a service its called upper engine cleaner we used subaru gen we bought by the box not that expensive ,it was injected in the inlet manifold via a vacum pipe ,it smelled ver much like amonia, they said it was to clean the varnish off valve stems to stop sticking valves ,the fuel in the caby on the wr had dried up and wouldnt budge with carby or brake clean ,but this stuff was the shit it dissolved it in no time ,you can get it from repco engine conditioner its called ive not used that one but is supposed to be for the same application its on offer for a box too at the moment hope this helps 

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 10:38:29 PM »
Thanks Jamie, I`am in the Trade too, Use the Genuine Subaru stuff in my workshop, which is great and did the job on this old xt250 carb, this Adrox666 is a paint stripper they use on Alloy {Aviation Industry}want to set up a little 2 ltr soak tank.
Couple of CR`s

Offline BultacoMacca

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 07:33:22 PM »
Snowy, another real good product is Yamaha Carburettor Cleaner.
It comes in a 1 ltr bottle and does a great job of totally removing varnish and stale fuel gunk in a few hours. Just be sure to remove ALL rubber from the carb or it will swell it badly. Fill a container and put the carb in.
You can reuse the liquid, just tip the bottom settled goop out.