Author Topic: cz rear shocks  (Read 2434 times)

Offline rough rider

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
cz rear shocks
« on: August 31, 2014, 09:47:16 pm »
hi , whats a good rear shock to run on the rear of my 71 tallow tank 250 ?
have been running hagon 340mm ,but have just renewed the pipe and now since the hagon are mounted up side down to some ( damper section of the shock to the top ) the springs now rub on the new pipe
was looking at getting new shocks anyway need to find some that run the damper section at the bottem and rod section to the top
hagons would be ok if I could just run them upside down !

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: cz rear shocks
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 05:44:35 am »
Perhaps NJB, 1 of the guys was running them yesterday on his BSA twin & they were mounted that way round.
What is the pipe, I run Ohlins on my 73 400 & they are mounted with the body at the top. The eyes are narrower than the mounts so I use the spacers that need fitting to give clearance on the pipe & chain
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 10:28:25 am by tony27 »

Offline rough rider

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 07:04:22 am »
Thanks for reply , pipe is from cr high performance , his shocks appear to be to long on the stroke from the pics on his site , we are only allowed 100 mm in the stroke in pre 75 , correct ?

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 09:51:58 am »
Not so much stroke as rear wheel travel measured at the axle. My 400 runs a pipe from CR as well & doesn't have huge clearance between the pipe & spring but the shock mounting eyes being narrower than the mounts helped to increase it to 4-5mm

Clearance between pipe & spring

Chain clearance

Spacer in top mount

Hope that explains it a bit more clearly, if the bearing/sleeve is narrower than the mount then you can gain some space by spacing the shock to 1 side in the mount

Offline rough rider

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 07:31:30 pm »
thanks for the replies , looks like hoey racing here in Adelaide can help me out with some IKON shocks that mount up the way I want