Author Topic: 88 c r 125 original tyres  (Read 1564 times)

Offline jamie ashcroft

• Novice
    • View Profile
88 c r 125 original tyres
« on: August 29, 2014, 06:26:36 pm »
hello all i am currently cleaning up a very unmolested 88 cr125 dont think its done many hours ,oem chain and sprockets they have wear but still very usable ,the tyres i was wondering about weather they are the original ones would be a suprise if they are ,they are a matching set of pirelli scorpions rear usable front little use ,it still had nissin copper brake pads and all the shims and anti squeal fiberglass pad backs ,how would you find out the oem tyres they fitted back then.
somebody would know

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 88 c r 125 original tyres
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 07:25:40 pm »
Sounds like a good thing,Got any pics for us? I'm thinking Dunlop's would be OEM :)

Offline jamie ashcroft

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 07:40:53 pm »
ok i have searched around a little and couldnt fine any thing about the tyres ,y e will tacke some pictures this week end and post them up i have cleand up the frame and waxed it as yamba is so corrosive surounded by the sea it has boot wear and a few other marks but i was toying with painting it but how would you get the colour number for it ,but it would only wear in the same spots when i ride it anyway ,funny it still has a cover for the airbox under the seat  that says on the sticker use in wet weather or something to that effect ,i had an 87 back in 88 and i never remember any of them

Offline CRTAD313

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 07:36:24 am »
Smeds on it, dunlops would be original.

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 09:37:45 am »
Honda changed the shade of red in 88 to "Fighting Red" which was darker than the previous models from 83-87 which were "Flash Red", Don't know the codes sorry, A good paint shop should be able to match from a sample ;), I think from memory the airbox lid came in the spares kit when new :) 

Offline jamie ashcroft

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 03:02:33 pm »
in the spares kit eh i still have my sparkplug come spoke spanner for the 87 that came in the kit ,i remember you used to get a extra pack for the tailpipe cant think what else came with the kit,so i guess you wouldnt be able to put your hands on the oem tyres then