Author Topic: Hi From Alex  (Read 2819 times)

Offline alexbrown64

• Legend
    • View Profile
Hi From Alex
« on: August 07, 2014, 04:32:01 pm »
Hi, just thought i would introduce myself. Alex from WA.  Have a bit of a passion for bikes and am currently working on a few projects so i thought i may share them with you all and maybe get some advice once in a while if possible.
One bike i am currently involved with is a 1983 YZ125K.  I have created a website with the ongoing story here: www.yz125k.weebly.com
I also have another project which involves rebuilding an RM80B 1977.  I will post a few pics of that one up today in the relevant section as it only just arrived by truck this morning from Adelaide.
Cheers,
Alex

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Hi From Alex
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 04:54:40 pm »
Welcome Alex!
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline RED ALERT

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 07:29:52 pm »
Hi there Alex,
Must be a few years since i last saw you, good to see you've got the old bike bug mate. :)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 07:39:23 pm »
Fantastic blog,well done to you.
That K would look real nice along with Bridgetown Grass track's backdrop  :P  8)
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline smalls717

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 10:35:53 pm »
Hi Alex... I've been into Vmx for 15 years. The cr was just a continuation of doing these old bikes up.
Certainly not my first resto.
Currently got 5 projects on the go. Basically all my projects are reliving bikes I used to ride in the day at the RKMCC track.

Offline VINDURO

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • VINDURO
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 04:33:21 pm »
Hi Alex,

The YZ looks to be in very good condition.
It will restore beautifully.

Keep us updated with your progress.

Cheers

Jock

Offline Pre85MXWA

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 10:28:24 pm »
Hi Alex greetings from Classic MXWA. Great work with the YZ125K.

The Classic MXWA club (formerly Pre85MXWA) is a progressive family orientated club which was formed in November 2009 to ensure the sport of Vintage Motocross in Western Australia continues to evolve and ensure all eras are catered for by one club.

At present any off road bike built before 31st December 1989 (1989 Model Year) will be welcomed into the club, as per Motorcycling Australia’s Manual of Motorcycle Sport.

A member may choose to be involved as a social member, ride non-competitive fun events or ultimately race in closed to club and open events. It is the goal of the club to offer Come Try’s, Vintage MX, Scrambles, Vinduro’s and other disciplines but we need your membership, participation and expertise to ensure the club continues to grow.

Ultimately the club’s goal is to create an environment that ensures classic motorcycling remains an enjoyable and fulfilling pastime, with a progressive and receptive approach to the sport. For more information check www.classicmxwa.com or our Classic MXWA Facebook page.

If you have the opportunity it would be great to see you at our upcoming Bridgetown Scramble on the 28th of September.

Classic MXWA

Offline alexbrown64

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 11:38:18 am »
Thanks for the comments fella's.
Red Alert.. is that you Rod, hard to tell from your avatar.  Will be seeing you next year i hope.  Smalls, i remember you riding the cr250 at RKMCC...suspension was MASSIVE... as for the Classic MXWA thing, well i hope to see a lot of you there next year.  Have a few health issues to overcome and also get the YZ125K up and running.  Thanks Vinduro, im hoping  the bike will scrub up well.
Ive also bumped into a few guys on here that i used to ride against when i was a kid so its been an experience coming on this forum.  I have a post on an RM80B build that i am currently involved in.  I may even look at an RM80N for my youngest son to ride at the Classic MXWA club if they do that sort of thing.
Cheers,
Alex