Author Topic: YZ125G and H Shock Lengths  (Read 3914 times)

Simo63

YZ125G and H Shock Lengths
« on: September 12, 2014, 12:36:42 PM »
Just looking to find out if the standard YZ125G shock is longer than the YZ125H.

Anyone know for sure?

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
Re: YZ125G and H Shock Lengths
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 12:36:25 PM »
I can measure H for you if that helps.

Not sure which is which, but I know they are differnt lengths.

That didn't help either did it  ::)
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Simo63

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 01:25:39 PM »
I can measure H for you if that helps.

Not sure which is which, but I know they are differnt lengths.

That didn't help either did it  ::)

Any response is helpful.  Are you able to measure it for me please?

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 01:53:03 PM »
No worries.  Won't be for a day or so.

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)

Offline Digga

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 02:08:03 PM »
Hi Simo
Do you want the eye 2 eye length or the unsprung spring? I could measure mine but not sure if it is even the orginal shock but can check for you  :-\
1977 Yamaha YZ250D, 1977 Yamaha YZ400D, 1980 Yamaha YZ125G

Simo63

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 02:09:44 PM »
Hi Simo
Do you want the eye 2 eye length or the unsprung spring? I could measure mine but not sure if it is even the orginal shock but can check for you  :-\

Eye to eye length please Steve.  This is the shock in your 125G I assume? 

How's the healing going?

Simo63

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 02:10:10 PM »
No worries.  Won't be for a day or so.

Thanks man, that would be awesome  8)

Offline scott

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 04:48:32 PM »
Hi Simo
I am changing my 125 g swing arm for the longer h arm .
The g shock length is 22 inches
The h shock length is 21 1/4 inches

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 04:49:21 PM »
there you go.  I will go back to sleep ;D

Simo63

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 06:10:08 PM »
Hi Simo
I am changing my 125 g swing arm for the longer h arm .
The g shock length is 22 inches
The h shock length is 21 1/4 inches

Thanks Scott ... that explains it beautifully :)

Simo63

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 06:10:33 PM »
there you go.  I will go back to sleep ;D

Lol .. nighty nite mate :)

Offline Digga

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 10:18:09 PM »
Hi Craig
Looks like youve got the meausrments before I could even get home to have a look.

As for the shoulder, 95% fixed & riding at the Viper day at Clarkesfield on the weekend which should be good fun.

Just been reading your clearnace sale post. Really sorry to hear such a sad story but I can tell that you guys are a tight close knit famliy & will get through it & come out the other side OK. Sounds like you are making a good call to pull up stumps now & have some foundation to pick up ther pieces & start again, so I wish you & your family all the best.

I have been through my own battle with separation, money issues & ongoing/continuing family conflict etcs so I can only say keep your family together & everyhting else will sort itself out in due course.

BTW, your old yellow girl is really starting to grow on me. She's is a very fast & tidy bike so come the summer, I will be giving her a full strip down & tidy up ready for 2015 season  ;)
1977 Yamaha YZ250D, 1977 Yamaha YZ400D, 1980 Yamaha YZ125G

Simo63

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 11:14:16 PM »
Hi Craig
Looks like youve got the meausrments before I could even get home to have a look.

As for the shoulder, 95% fixed & riding at the Viper day at Clarkesfield on the weekend which should be good fun.

Just been reading your clearnace sale post. Really sorry to hear such a sad story but I can tell that you guys are a tight close knit famliy & will get through it & come out the other side OK. Sounds like you are making a good call to pull up stumps now & have some foundation to pick up ther pieces & start again, so I wish you & your family all the best.

I have been through my own battle with separation, money issues & ongoing/continuing family conflict etcs so I can only say keep your family together & everyhting else will sort itself out in due course.

BTW, your old yellow girl is really starting to grow on me. She's is a very fast & tidy bike so come the summer, I will be giving her a full strip down & tidy up ready for 2015 season  ;)

Yep, Scott was a great help but thanks for offering mate :)  Really good to hear your shoulder is coming good .. you'll be blasting around at the front of the pack in no time :)

Yep clearance sale is all about moving forward mate :)  Keeping our family unit together along with our sanity is the prime objective ... part of letting go is letting go of the money we are going to lose .... that's particularly hard for me Steve.  I know I'm not alone ... and like a lot of people, I've worked my arse off for many years (close to 35!!!) to get where I've got .. from nothing basically. Left home with nothing but the clothes I had.  Anyway, I'm rambling because I'm struggling to just let it go.  Onwards.

I know it might not mean much to many people but I am absolutely wrapped that you have fallen for charms of the 77 YZ250 .. she's a cracking bike and one I really wish I could have kept.  She's gone to a great home which is awesome ;)