Author Topic: RD350 Dirt Tracker  (Read 83652 times)

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: RD350 Dirt Tracker
« Reply #225 on: April 21, 2014, 05:36:17 pm »
Pool shop for those flexible couplings. Part# ffc40
Available in 2"x2"   2"x1 1/2"   1 1/2"x 1 1/2"  1 1/4"x1 1/4"

They are mainly used on pool filters or pumps. Make sure you grab some clamps to suit.

Thanks very much Pokey - I'll check them out.

What sort of buff wheel do you use Pete? And do you use the white or brown polish stick when you polish? Thanks

Kenny, I've had the buffing wheel that long I can't remember what make it is, but it's the sewn together one, not the loose flap type. I used to use the white compound but I got some light blue stuff when I was working in Vietnam earlier in the year and it works pretty good.

Pete .... you have great vision and skills that I can only admire.    Most of my projects take at least 1 to 2 years  ;D

Pete .... you have great vision and skills that I can only admire.    Most of my projects take at least 10 to 200 years, than just decompose in a stinky fetid pile.  Tim754

You guys will have to speed it up a bit, particularly you Tim ;D
Thanks both for the comments.

Hi yamaico, I just assumed I'd never find an airbox for my old RT1 as '79 was a fair while ago, I would certainly like one.!

cheers pancho.

I'll have a look and see what I can find Pancho.

I sure did Pete.....and it was the air box! After 2 failed attempts at making an alloy box that fit nice, I abandoned the idea and dug out a 79 PE250 airbox that came close to fitting and got to work cutting and plastic welding. 2 days later I had the airbox, filter cage and carb all working in harmony  ;D

Yes Mark, the dreaded airbox, got us both ;D

I took a little video this afternoon of the bike running. Not too much of a rev as it's unloaded and the motor is still fresh, but you'll get the idea. I haven't posted a video before so I hope it comes out.

http://s1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii534/yamaico/M4H01558_zps297fc36b.mp4.html

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 21, 2014, 07:45:48 pm »
Sounds pretty good Pete.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2014, 10:49:12 am »
Sounds like it will do the business Pete.....Loved watching the footpeg trying to vibrate it's way to the ground, just like an old 2 smoker!
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline vmxrider

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2014, 04:43:18 pm »
Saw it in the carpark at Nepean on Saturday. Did it get a run? Looks even better in the flesh!

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 11, 2014, 08:53:41 pm »
Saw it in the carpark at Nepean on Saturday. Did it get a run? Looks even better in the flesh!

Unfortunately I didn't get back from overseas until last weekend and didn't have time to prepare. I took it up because Andy Baker wanted to shoot a few photos but poor old Andy got a bit crook on Saturday and had a trip to the local hospital. I talked to him on email today and luckily it was only a bit of a warning and he is OK, which is great news.
The plan is to give it a run at Bankstown this weekend in preparation for Bathurst Long Track later in the year.

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 11, 2014, 09:01:11 pm »
Pete whats going at Bankstown?
Any other Twins going?

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 11, 2014, 09:13:13 pm »
Not too sure who's going Graeme. It's an invitation only practice day but that's about all I know.

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 11, 2014, 09:22:40 pm »
Sssh!

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 11, 2014, 09:26:09 pm »
Saw it at Nepean Charity on show, That bike looks even better in real life!
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...