Author Topic: Another New Guy  (Read 1384 times)

dylconmitch

Another New Guy
« on: July 01, 2008, 08:32:46 am »
Hi Team I Wanted to say Hi and my son and I are keen to get into the vmx scene and don't know much about it.
I used to ride a maico 400 twin shock back in high school and believe me no-one loved my bike we were the ugly ducks agains the yz's and cr's but it was all I could afford. Years later I raced with the PCRA and again I chose the cheapies and you'll probably laugh at those bikes too. We raced a bultaco 250 , a yamaha 250a and even an aermacchi 250 again because they were cheap when we needed the cash I was pleasently surprised at the return on investment. I now have a couple of sad xl250's from the early seventies a 73 xl100 for my eldest son and a 79 pe175 for a bit of 2 stroke action.We live at colo vale and at a quick glance this seems central to Appin,mt Kembla and the Canberra circuts. I'm not a brain surgen nor a master fettler/mechanic so I've joined the forum to pick your brains as problems arise ( i hope thats ok). We intend doing the calender in the next few months and are looking for a club to join (any suggestions???) So if you see some rat bikes and a scruffy feroza full of kids come say g'day don't we don't descriminate against shiney bikes even you maico owners. ha

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
Re: Another New Guy
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 03:14:07 pm »
I used to ride a maico 400 twin shock ... a 73 xl100 for my eldest son ...

MAAATE!! The Maico bit puts you in the Brotherhood (secret handshakes to be advised) and the XL100 will fit beautifully into the proposed Moto 100 class (there's a whole thread on that if you care to look in the 'Do you Moto 100' thread (Competition pages).
Good to see you on board!
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

dylconmitch

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 04:26:11 pm »
Ha Ha Ha Thanks for the welcome Wombat I should tell you that bike I had was full of demons,I swear I used to kick that till it boiled some days even with the decomp lever it wore me out .

Offline elsie 125

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 09:46:53 pm »
welcome aboard, looking to join a club, try ACT motorcycl club,  www.actmcc.com

dylconmitch

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 09:22:42 am »
Great thanks for that I will go over with the tribe and have a look.cheers