Author Topic: Montesa Suppliers  (Read 5255 times)

Rosco400

Montesa Suppliers
« on: August 12, 2007, 08:54:17 pm »
Can anyone tell me who might be able to supply montesa parts in oz instead of usa, in particular 250 H parts

mx250

Re: Montesa Suppliers
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 01:24:20 am »
I'll be interested in this response. Despite sending several emails I haven't found a Ozy Monty supplier.

Don Newell will have some bits that are in common with Bullies - which are few.

I've made enquiries out of Spain and found them expensive with stupid freight and handling.

I've currently got some Monty goodies winging their merry way from Jared at South West Montesa USA. He seem excellent with prices and info.

But I would like to deal with an Ozzy Monty supplier ,so I remain ready to be informed and surprised.

All Things 414

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 11:08:39 am »
They don't exist to my knowledge. However we should be gratefull that we have our American friends who will go to a lot of trouble to hunt things down for us. Jeff Nolan recently tracked down what must be the last VB 360 fourth gear in the world for me! The Yanks are pretty reasonably priced and Jared sells a lot of things at cost. God help us if these guys ever go and are replaced by some of our more un-scrupilus brothers.....
You gotta remember that apart from the trials stuff nothings been made for the Monties in nearly thirty years. The parts are running out and there isn't enough of them out there to warrant making reproduction stuff.
Really makes me think of parking them up sometimes.......
:'(

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 12:06:26 pm »
The H6's are very plentiful in Spain today, as the Guardia Civil used them everything is available to, not the cheapest but can be had.A complete engine with electrics was about 400-500 Euro.I have some good contacts in Spain if your interested in bulk orders maybe something could be arranged.
For bits like gears if your really keen I can get a fellow to make an IGES/STL file then either cnc or edm wire cut them.The machining is cheap making the file is the expensive part.As you would pay engineering firms rates.For ignitions and such that's the least of your worries :D
What in particular are you after Rossco?
Jesus only loves two strokes

Rosco400

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 09:49:35 pm »
OK, how about who were the dealers who used to deal in montesa parts/bikes in oz who may or no longer trade, just maybe theres a heap nos floating around and its just hiding away in storage or under a bench somewhere just waiting to be uncovered ::), its just possible as all the old parts just would not have disappeared, I'm going on a tracking mission and gonna use the powers of email and phone, telepathy etc to exhaust all avenues, someone must know someone who new someone in the industry with any luck, will even PM back findings to willing contributors on this one, surely if we combine, the force be with us and will find something of interest

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 01:40:13 am »
http://www.trackandtrail.com.au/
450 Pacific Hwy
Belmont NSW, 2280

Phone: (02)49452215
Fax: (02) 49479211
Email: [email protected]

they were the dealers in Newcastle  for monties, they do Katooms now

He who dont ask dont get, GL with the quest guys

All Things 414

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 08:28:50 am »
Well, whoever's got these bits is sure hanging onto them hard.
I just picked up the last of Lyall O'Briens (Aussie importer) stuff a couple of weeks ago and there was nothing of real value to anyone there. A box full of weird size pistons, some trials bits and all the old paperwork (which I was mainly after). I know a bit of stuff went to QLD a few years ago and the guy used to advertise in the back of VMX magazine under "Montesa World Spares". I rang up to inquire about some stuff and was told by a very rude woman that they had a transport business to run and had more important things to do than sell sell that crap (her words). So, good luck and may the force be with you

......but I don't think IT'S OUT THERE....... :'(

Rosco400

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 12:35:28 pm »
Thanks Pokey, Track & Trail is where my bike come from so thats a starting point, lifes full of challenges 414 and rude women seem to do it for me, have you got her number

All Things 414

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 06:17:43 pm »
Yup. 07 5546 6675. [email protected]
Good luck!

mx250

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 07:09:51 pm »
That's funny Ross I emailed Montesa World Spares for a nil return and I rang them to get a 9yo telling his Dad would ring me back. Still waiting.

I believe Ryans of Parramata NOS parts were sold and then on sold to the USA.

All Things 414

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 07:23:02 pm »
Yeah! >:(
      Anyone whom has a 360 VA/VB should be getting onto Jared Bates right now. He has a few 1st and 2nd oversize pistons and once they're gone, there probably wont be any more.....

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 09:25:55 pm »
Things like pistons are no big deal, the 360 is still being made in Spain.A piston is a piston it just goes up and down.What is the bore size and gudeon pin diameter?
Jesus only loves two strokes

All Things 414

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 10:48:28 pm »
Yeah. And there are CAPPRA pistons which make CAPPRA'S go good and there are other pistons that go up and down. Sometimes you have to do a lot of farnarkling to make THOSE pistons work good in your CAPPRA...... :-\