Author Topic: 1982 Suzuki RM250Z Parts - Job Lot  (Read 1152 times)

Offline AdamN

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
1982 Suzuki RM250Z Parts - Job Lot
« on: May 19, 2014, 11:39:09 am »
Am putting this up here for a mate. Maybe of use to someone.

This is what would be just about a roller if you assembled it, There is lots missing, but there is a lot of good bit as well. Looks like the bike didn't have a hard life. What you see is all there is.

Frame looks to be in very good condition, with no damage that I can see, has footpegs and rear brake pedal etc. Swingarm is very good, has hardly any marks or rash, chain guide is near perfect with all the nylon rubbing blocks present. Rear shock has a really tiny spot of rust which may well come off with a rub of fine emery, body etc. looks good too, all the Full Floater struts don't appear to be flogged out. There is a container with the chain adjusters and the aluminium brackets for the shock resevoir.

Front fork chrome is junk, but lower legs are very good. Has very good triples which look to still have the original colour and bolts etc.

Wheels are both very very good. Front unfortunately has a very small crack starting, but they have next to no marks on them and are straight. Rear has no cracks that I can see and still has the remains of the plating still on the spokes and nipples. Hubs need a good clean but are good and both have the backing plates. These would be a good set of wheels to restore.

Has a very very good airbox 8). All mounting lugs are present, along with both rubber drains and the little springs that go inside them. Has had a 1" square hole cut in the back edge of each cover but no holes have been drilled on the outside. Has no filters but the white plastic screens are there. This is one of the best airboxes I have seen!

Pipe is a hand made cone pipe of unknown origin. Looks OK ??? but does have a few small dings.

Has a nice yellow tank with tap that will polish up nicely, and the seat with and cover would clean up good as well. Not shown are the original side cover which have the original decals still attached but are very faded like the rear guard.

The owner would prefer to sell the whole lot as one and is asking $450 for all of it. Bike is located in Sydney at the moment, but I am going to the Canowindra Vinduro so I could deliver it to there. If you want more info or pics, PM me and I will help as best I can and put you in contact with the owner,

Cheers,
Adam

PICS

'82 PE175Z, '92 YZ125D1, '93 WR500ZE, '13 KTM350EXC-F, '16 Husky TE300