Author Topic: CR 125M Problem. No Grunt whatsoever  (Read 21144 times)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
Re: CR 125M Problem. No Grunt whatsoever
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2014, 07:15:13 am »
I see looking back you say it's got a GMC pipe fitted so ignore my 'cut it open' idea--thinking it was the original. Have had various smaller motors [last one was a PE175] that had popped the crank seal out on the primary drive side, it ran but was all gaspy & lean but also smoke terribly so was an easy diagnoses but if a motor popped the mag side seal out [no smoke] it wouldn't be so obvious [apart from the running] & if not thinking along those lines then one can spend a hell of a lot of time chasing ones tale, Been there lots over the years but the good thing is that once solved then you never forget the unusual faults.
One that i didn't solve [cos i was thinking crank seals lol] was by memory a kawy tandem twin [think KR1S], mate called me in to come up with ideas [crank seals or disc valve timing--but no] he fixed it, pulled the cylinders off & someone had used KDX or Yamaha pistons with the cut away inlet which was 'ok' except it had the front cylinder piston was in back to front, hence the cut away was opening exhaust port big time at tdc. Things you never forget. Think it's why the first guy sold it & becomes the second guys problem, then the bike shops problem, & people wonder why repairs cost so much!!.

Thanks OTH - Crank seals was my first port of call.  They are new.

I will report back after her first race meeting on 25 May at Wyaralong
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2014, 08:19:18 am »
It sounds like you'll have "fixed" your problem with the carb. It is a 125 Elsinore so you just have to hold the throttle wide open & use the clutch. The words torque & bottom end power don't really go in the same sentence with CR125M.
Cheers.
K

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2014, 01:43:37 pm »

Keihin 125 jet is a 210 Mikuni jet, 240 mikuni jet is 135 Keihin jet.

Is there a list somewhere of these jet size match up's Lozza, It would be very handy when switching carb brands to get a ballpark jet  starting size :)

Yep, http://www.allensperformance.com/jetsizeconv.html

RH column is Keihin/Dellorto equivalent  ie 200 mikuni = 123Keihin/Dellorto  210 mikuni =125 Keihin/Dellorto and 220 Mikuni= 128
Jesus only loves two strokes