Author Topic: Suzuki cush drive end play TM250  (Read 984 times)

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
Suzuki cush drive end play TM250
« on: April 30, 2014, 11:08:22 pm »
Gday,
I have assembled the cush drive into the back wheel using new rubbers. there is about 30 thou end play between the cir clip and the sprocket boss, is this normal or should i pack some rubber beneath the cush drives or maybe make a shim washer?
Cheers
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
Re: Suzuki cush drive end play TM250
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 09:15:21 am »
New rubbers should fill that space nicely.I go on feel, If its too much play I look for an old inner tube however with new rubbers I cant see the need unless the hub is well worn. If you are concerned shim accordingly for the chain to run on the sprocket nicely. Either rubber behind the cush or metal shims behind the circlip.

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 05:27:09 pm »
Thanks for your reply Pokey, i was thinking the inner tube thing to space it myself, i have tried another sprocket boss on there, same result, friging new rubbers were $23 each x 6 from suzuki dealer....
Cheers Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 06:15:58 pm »
We did one for a customer, machined up a new outer housing that the circlip sits on, if you don't it will just shit itself. Old mates one had new rubbers as well and had been bodgied up, it lasted I race meeting in the bodgie setup.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Doc

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 07:23:17 pm »
The sprocket carrier where it slips over the hub can also wear..causes side to side rock which is the nasty one (thrown chains and subsequent damage)..back and forward movement is not so critical.