Author Topic: Broadford BB 2014  (Read 19023 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Broadford BB 2014
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2014, 11:16:34 am »
Mum would of loved little Reggie Firkin being there Mark.
I took Reggie to see her every three days aged care home and it was as good for him as it was for her....they love each other so much. Reggie's missing her like hell right now and it's sad to watch. A mate and his wife babysat him yesterday while I attended to mum and they made the rookie mistake of using the "mum" word in front of him while they thought he was asleep on the couch. He jumped up, ran through every room at least twice including looking under furniture, trying to find his old mate. When I got him home and opened the front door he bolted through the house to her room then when he couldn't find her ran to the sun room and jumped up on her chair sniffing it to see if she'd been there. The look of sadness on his little face when he couldn't find her was so bloody awful.

Despite the staph and associated problems it brought on, the ankle fusion is the best health procedure I've ever had done, so I recommend it TMB. I had 10 years of chronic pain to the point that it had a bearing on my early retirement and severely restricted my mobility and had me reliant on opiate pain killers. I can now walk normally with no pain and have kicked the pain killer habit. Where I once had a severe limp, I can now walk almost normally and will be 100% mobile once I get my knee replacement. I've cancelled the knee op four times because I couldn't afford the post op down time because of needing to care for mum but I'll put myself back on the list as soon as we get a final result on mum. I think the hospital has a lot to do with Staph infection. I had my ankle done at Concord and I've since been told that it tops the Golden Staph hit parade for the whole of Australia. I which I'd have Googled a bit before I picked my surgeon/hospital.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 04:31:33 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Big Al

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2014, 11:47:08 am »
Sorry to hear the sad news Mark and my condolences to you John. It's going to be a year next month that I had breakfast with my Dad and saw him off for his morning walk. He never came back. I found him dead on the footpath a few doors up. Suffered a heart attack and was still warm when I found him but couldn't be revived. I wish I had a chance to tell him how much I loved him and how proud i was of him etc etc. I recon it must be real hard to see anyone slowly pass away but I wish I had that chance. The moral of the story is to never leave to say I love you till tomorrow because it my never happen. Al

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2014, 07:07:31 pm »
Does anyone need tickets for entry and gala dinner? Cheaper than at the gate. PM me.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2014, 09:39:39 pm »
Funny how dogs pick up on things, our 2 dogs learnt to recognize the school bus going up the road so they would run down the drive because they knew that 5 minutes later my son would walk up the drive.
They even knew what time the bus was coming too as they would leave the house and sit outside listening for it around that time of day.
The change to daylight savings never fooled them either!

My son finished school last year and we shuffled him off to Queensland a few weeks back and now the dogs sit with disappointment in the driveway waiting for him when they hear the bus.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2014, 07:32:10 pm »
I have a spot on my shed floor I    never   place anything. Was where my old Blue Heeler cattle dog used to lay snoozing, dreaming ,farting, (except later in life when in front of the wood heater was much nicer on arthritic old joints), when I was pottering and tinkering around in there. Thing is I don't know why as she is long gone.

See ya's Saturday at the Bonanza, I will be quietly oozing around on my little old CB754 pitbike/sidecar ;) Be great to meet  forum members in the flesh ;) Cheers buggers Tim754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2014, 12:02:25 am »
You'll be needing that big 754 pipes to keep you warm Tim..cool temps of 15   :o  :o
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2014, 10:47:40 am »
Mate rang me from near Heard Island last night          minus 43     :(
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2014, 02:16:04 pm »
Good luck with your Mum, Mark, both Jo and I have you and her in our thoughts. Both my parents passed away before I got to 21 so really do appreciate family and why Jo and I head to Melbourne so often as Jo's mum is in the last stages with Alzheimer's.
Stuffed up with taking a holiday after the NZ  SGP and missing Broadford but nether the godden or Trackmaster are finished. Will have them both out hopefully for CDT champs.
Enjoying the Speights black pilsner in the land of the long white cloud. Just want to ride across all the paddocks as they look sooooo good. Take care Mark and to all others enjoy Broadford.
Rosco86

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2014, 08:14:40 pm »
Had a great day! Cheers to all met. Ya all the best there be :) :)
                                                   Voltaire.