Author Topic: A.C.T Kowen Forest 2 Day Rained Out  (Read 1381 times)

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
A.C.T Kowen Forest 2 Day Rained Out
« on: April 11, 2014, 11:01:41 am »
The organisers of the 2014 Kowen Forest 2 day ride scheduled for this Saturday and Sunday the 12th and 13th of April have had to postpone the event due to local weather conditions.

"Unfortunately we have had no luck with the weather." A statement from the organisers read. "Due to circumstances beyond our control we have had to postpone the Kowen Forest 2 Day Ride which was to happen this weekend.

"We have had a large volume of rain fall over the area recently and with the further rain that is expected over next few days we have made the very difficult decision to postpone the event.

"The area where the ride is located is public land and we have to keep in mind the environmental damage an event of this type and size may cause.

"We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused however the weather is beyond our control."

At this stage organisers have not been able to supply a new date for the event but are hoping for it to be within the next couple of months.

The DSMRA website at http://www.dsmra.asn.au/ will be updated when further information comes to hand.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:06:57 am by oz555ktm »
And Please forgive me as I cant Spell for Shit ...
And I have very Bad Gramer ...too I been told ......

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: A.C.T Kowen Forest 2 Day Rained Out
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 01:07:18 pm »
There's a much smaller, informal ride being organised out at the Cotter for tomorrow (Sat) in place of the Kowen ride. I will be there, if the wife's bike doesn't need too much work... (Or I get motivated enough to re-register mine).
PM me if you want the contact number.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.