Author Topic: maico 490 for sale !  (Read 6207 times)

Simo63

Re: maico 490 for sale !
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 09:11:18 pm »
Ted I've had to fix a couple of bikes people bought from this seller that were top dollar and supposedly race ready but were far from it... That's why I commented, I hate sharks

John is right .. this guy is in the business of making serious money (or at least asking serious money) from VMX bike sales that look good but are far from ideal.  I refrained from commenting earlier however this has been the experience of most people that have purchased from this seller ... in fact he is someone to be avoided at all costs.

Just my 2 cents worth but I don't want to see someone make the mistake and then spew when they pay top $$ for a bike and it is nothing like it should be for the money.

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2014, 09:48:04 pm »
$8.5k and can't even put a bump stop on rebuilt shock or chainslider on freshly painted swingarm.

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2014, 10:01:17 pm »
Just my 2 cents worth but I don't want to see someone make the mistake and then spew when they pay top $$ for a bike and it is nothing like it should be for the money.
[/quote]I was one of the guys that payed top dollar (8.5k) for a mega 2 just on over 12 months ago an im still spewin about it.
Wrong shocks, spinning rear sprocket bolts that wont tighten up,rebuilt forks that leak and a new airfilter with no oil in it are just for starters.
Havent opened up the motor just yet  ill get back to you all on that at a later date.  :o
In hindsight i should have saved up a little bit more dough and bought one of Pauls Maicos  :( 

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2014, 07:53:31 am »

Who would buy a bike with a Powder coated frame ...Anyhow  Rusty Rusty in no Time

The Stig