Author Topic: Sunshine Coast Motosport park  (Read 5488 times)

Simo63

Sunshine Coast Motosport park
« on: March 07, 2014, 11:44:45 am »
With the required level of caution, this could potentially be great news for those of us North of Brisvegas :)

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/huge-moto-park-revved/2191500/

THE State Government is expected to announce within days plans to build in Beerwah State Forest a motorsport facility to rival the 745ha Queensland Moto Park, west of the Gold Coast.

Member for Buderim and National Parks Minister Steve Dickson confirmed the move in Parliament yesterday in response to questions from Labor environment spokeswoman Jackie Trad.

"Our government has a plan, and those plans will be released in a measured time and in a measured way,'' Mr Dickson said. "When the time is right for our government to release that information, we will do that openly and transparently …," he said.

"We are looking to build a couple of facilities very similar to the one that has been constructed at Wyaralong (near Beaudesert) …

"When we are ready to release that information in the future, I will let this House know or those opposite will read about it in the paper, as the people of Queensland will read about it."

Ms Trad had asked him in a question without notice whether he would confirm that he intended approving a mega motor sports precinct for the Beerwah State Forest.

"Beerwah State Forest is not only home to an abundance of wildlife, it includes pine plantations and open eucalypt forest as well as rainforest," she said.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 03:03:51 pm by Simo63 »

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Sunshine Coast Motosport park
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 11:50:14 am »
Does anyone know who has partnered up on this one?
Cheers,
Steve
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 12:04:51 pm »
This could be a real concern for local club race tracks! 
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 12:16:07 pm »
It's the same set up as QMP and will be run by MQ the same way, that way there is a Southside Park and a Northside Park.. It's been on the drawing board for a few years and once all the local Councils and the State Government saw how successful QMP was there was always going to be a second one......apparantely dirt bike riding is popular.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 01:36:31 pm »
Don't worry Noel, they are only going to build dirt track stuff :)

So the beaurocrats are empire building in private business using tax payers money to establish and then charge the users. I bet GMC Cooyar and Parklands are pissed! Why don't they put the money into the existing private venues and save some trees and a bucket load of tax payers hard earned.

Where is the motorcycling industry?
Bultaco M106 Astro

Simo63

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 03:04:50 pm »
I'm all for another place to ride up this way and I can only see this being a positive outcome (if it ever gets up) for all of us.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 03:13:31 pm »
Us poor southern sons can look with envy  :-X
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 03:51:10 pm »
I'm not baggin it, I'm just jealous!

It's a bit of a drive but hit up GMC Cooyar in the meantime.
Bultaco M106 Astro

Offline Ken 737

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 10:16:54 pm »
Great news, only 30 min from me :)

Maybe a new home track for BMCC?
Suzuki fan - TM and RM
Love my IT too ????

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 09:39:49 am »
The sidecar boys up that way will be pissed off....they ride all that now....for free!

Offline sa63

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 10:31:41 am »
will be great if some of the mx crowd go to the park. head ons galore every weekend up here. seen two in 1/2 an hour one Saturday, which is why I   try to do only week day rides there now. im 1 k from the south end  start of the forestry , and can do a 100 k loop to peachester and back , plenty of room for all, but no control on trails....

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 12:35:46 am »
EOI's close 4th April, seems like a done deal to me!

Is this your facebook page NSR?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Save-the-Iconic-Forest-at-the-North-End-of-Steve-Irwin-Way/428544880567127

Bultaco M106 Astro

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 10:52:10 pm »
link to the local paper report
http://www.gcnews.com.au/

3 page in

MOTORSPORTS DEVELOPMENT PROPOSAL FOR BEERWAH STATE FOREST

(March 18, 2014)

Over the last two editions, GCNews has followed the developments as the State Government releases them, regarding the proposal for the motorsports park in the Beerwah State Forest off Steve Irwin Way at Glenview.

In edition March 19, a story ran which included a section of a map the State Government had in their possession before they announced their plans for the park. The map showed a layout for the motorsports park even before the expression of interest (EOI) was called. These maps were not released as part of the EOI.

Along with the maps, GCNews has a photo of Mark McArdle (Member for Caloundra) and Steve Dickson (Member for Buderim and Minister for National Parks) looking at the maps in Mark's office, with the caption "Mark McArdle and Steve Dickson review plans for the new rider park".

The existence of the mapping poses the question - is the process a foregone conclusion with a preferred option already decided upon?

Proposed maps

http://fylebase.fylesoft.com.au/uploads/10/docs/Motorsports%20maps.pdf

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 08:20:57 am »
I asked a few questions regarding the EOI, they put out an addendum stating nothing had been done on the site and therefore no preliminary planning information was available. It's a done deal, good work public sector for providing a level playing field with transperancy!!!!!!! Bet I can tell you who's got it!

GMC Cooyar is up and running, check out their facebook page and go cut some laps on Gary's flat track.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GMC-Cooyar/1387785774802158

Cheers,
Steve
Bultaco M106 Astro

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2014, 11:34:06 am »
EOI lodged, interested to see what happens from here.
Bultaco M106 Astro