Author Topic: eBay versus flyingdg  (Read 8177 times)

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: eBay versus flyingdg
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 11:45:18 am »
Has Mr Caldwell imposed the same legal threats to other Maico aftermarket parts suppliers like Maico Only, Bill Eyler (East Coast Maico) or Bill Brown in the UK? If not, why single out the smallest player in what is already a small market? Is it because he's perceived to be the easiest

Perhaps Mr Caldwell is looking to establish a precedent ?

Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline DR500

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2014, 12:18:40 pm »
I believe you can't go to a Maico dealer and buy genuine parts!! So whats the problem with someone making parts to keep the"dream alive". Also has ebay asked for proof that the said parts are counterfeit? As Firko said a very small market.

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 12:37:50 pm »
i'm with GMC,my whole business structure is replicating what was once ome,only ones that made me nervous was HD/BMW,so i just  don't advertise that fact!, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2014, 12:58:01 pm »
A quick look on US e-bay shows up over 1600 new items for Maico’s
I see replica seat foams, fuel caps, seat bases, plastics etc.

Has Mr Caldwell made sure that Proform and Circle F are making exhausts that are up to his standards? Are DC plastics up to his standards? Are Wossner pistons up to his standards?

Also take a look at the car industry, all sorts of ‘counterfeit’ replacement parts are coming in from all over the world yet you don’t see the car manufacturers making a fuss
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2014, 01:18:49 pm »
I think this Canadian Maico character is a marketing genius . I had never heard of his operation before but now its hot news on every vintage forum I go on and facebook .

Any advertising is good advertising and he is getting worldwide exposure to a target market for free  ;)

Next week when the another topic like somebody fitting new non period grips to their bike prior to a nationals hogs the front page for a couple of weeks,  all the bad Ju Ju about Canadian Maico will be forgotten about by the majority, but the name Canadian Maico will be stuck in the back of most people who has read these threads minds .

Personally I would never buy anything else out of Canada as statistically I have another 20 odd years left to live , and I cant see the woeful Canadian postal service getting things here in that time frame  ;D
Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2014, 08:31:11 pm »
I think this Canadian Maico character is a marketing genius . I had never heard of his operation before but now its hot news on every vintage forum I go on and facebook .

Any advertising is good advertising and he is getting worldwide exposure to a target market for free  ;)

Next week when the another topic like somebody fitting new non period grips to their bike prior to a nationals hogs the front page for a couple of weeks,  all the bad Ju Ju about Canadian Maico will be forgotten about by the majority, but the name Canadian Maico will be stuck in the back of most people who has read these threads minds .

Personally I would never buy anything else out of Canada as statistically I have another 20 odd years left to live , and I cant see the woeful Canadian postal service getting things here in that time frame  ;D
William I agree with you on the Canadian post wow they are slow and how high do they charge , But your idea that all will be forgotten in a Cpl of weeks no I don't agree . We are a small bunch in VMX with long memories .
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club