Author Topic: What a great forum.  (Read 798 times)

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
What a great forum.
« on: March 11, 2014, 09:55:17 PM »
After having another spat with the power tripping, piss weak, toss bags that run another forum I "used to" frequent, it's got me to thinking that despite some (very few) fools that occasionally drop in here this really is a fantastic forum, with fantastic people. I have had so many good experiences and formed some great friendships through the ozvmx forum. Since I've been on here I have:

Been given advice and help that would have cost many hours and countless dollars else where
Made friends with some of the nicest folk I'm ever likely to meet.
Had parts and other things given to me by complete strangers without asking a penny
Had people transport bikes to my door from various interstate location for nothing ever more than a bit of fuel money.
Been able to purchase bikes all over the country with other people being prepared to go out of their way to view them on my behalf.
The list goes on and on....

Sure I've had some heated moments and blues with blokes, but nothing that makes me concerned in the least to still go up and shake their hands when I get the opportunity. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, THANKS. You're not a bad bunch of pricks at all  ;D ;)

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: What a great forum.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 10:32:12 PM »
Sometimes I lose interest it is usually seeing the other guys projects and enthusiasm on here that gets me back into it.

I am on some car ones too but unless you live and breathe it it is hard to get into a lot they go on about but atleast they know the cars I have inside out and just like here are quick to help.

It is amazing the people you meet through bikes been lucky to meet and deal with some great blokes on here too.

I think the only problem is people may say something that may upset you and in the real world that doesn't matter you say get f-d to your mates and later after you have had a while to think about it you get over it, here it seems when there is a disagreement the likely outcome is two arch enemies it is just the nature of online forums.

1971 tm400 and PE's