Author Topic: topic disapeard  (Read 3098 times)

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
topic disapeard
« on: March 13, 2014, 10:38:10 am »
i commented on a topic and it is gone
can someone tell me why
never had it happen before thanks al

HeavenVMX

Re: topic disapeard
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 10:50:40 am »
The author (originator) of a topic (thread) can delete the topic entirely

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 11:00:14 am »
Annoying isn't it ?  :o
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 11:20:37 am »
very sad if this is the case
the  reason for  the forum is the sharing of knowledge

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 01:02:30 pm »
What was the topic? J

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 02:00:16 pm »
There are/were a couple of serial offenders on here. Many a time valuable and interesting threads have been removed for no other reason than the originator of the thread, having reaped what he wanted from it, removed it in contempt of anyone else that might also have been interested. Very annoying.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Matador107

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 02:10:28 pm »
Sorry all I stuffed up typing and posted a two word sentence about the Speedway Gp 2014 that I started and now have found out what happens after I tried to retract the two words.

It was all about three Aussies now in the GP this year , others commented about having it here in Aust as NZ contract is up after 3 years.

What I was trying to say was the Aussie promoter lost around $2 million when it was held here as rights holder would not permit a round in NZ so as to make it viable.

Martin.
Bultaco Metralla, Matador MK 5, Montadero mk2, El Bandido model 18,plus lots of bits and two Honda XR's 250,350.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 02:28:01 pm »
What I was trying to say was the Aussie promoter lost around $2 million when it was held here as rights holder would not permit a round in NZ so as to make it viable.
Martin.

bring it on !! we are loosing the F1  :(
Best is in the West !!

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 04:56:57 pm »
With the row going on between SGP & SEC I very much doubt there will be any more GPs held outside Europe & Scandinavia, NZ has been lucky that the promoter has serious amounts of money & used to be a competitor

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 09:52:35 pm »
Western Springs raceway in Auckland only has probably next year to run. As with many tracks housing has crept too close. Long time promoter has acknowledged track death and is now exploring another track area a bit further out. As for a shift to Oz, probably not in our life time Cost far too prohibitive and no speedway Gina Reinhardts about. She is about the only reason Youth swimming is doing ok in oz, as she is the big financial backer ( next few Olympics could be a bit thin medal wise while we keep hauling dollars out of all oz sports) Australians donated 14c a year for 4 years to fund our Olympians. The uk lotto means the uk spend over 280 times more than us. Results in the future, wonder how we will go? sorry to hijack thread, but I have a family interest in this area. Anyway I'm off  to the NZ SGP and a 3 week holiday to please the wife. Only down side, I miss Broadford again. 2015 is a definite though!!!!
Rosco86

Offline Matador107

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 11:34:13 pm »
Went to the NZ round last year and the only difficult thing was I forgot that the racing was held in daylight to suit European TV. To me speedway is night time racing but that's just me. It was all a pretty slick run 2 hour event and that was it.

The locals surrounding the track are responsible for 2017, it will be all over. One bloke up on the hill is a high flying legal type who has refused top shelf,best hotel in Auckland ,what ever it costs ,offers to stay in town whenever racing is on.

As far as coming back here I don't think it will ever happen because of,
Has to be in a major city, Melb or Sydney, better in Melb as they are the best sports fans in the nation.
Must be held in a stadium and even better if there's a roof.

So unfortunately the licence fees to SGP, stadium rent plus all the other costs and the fact that not enough people are interested . It's all about demographics and it's no longer 1965 with massive crowds.

When it was on in Sydney I went with about 12 mates on tickets at $125 each, one bloke had to work so arrived 10 mins till the start. He was a fireman and had a free ticket which were handed to each of the fireman at  Lidcombe fire station that afternoon.They had a hard time selling them , it was live on FOX and it was a cold night so the walk up crowd wasn't great.
Bultaco Metralla, Matador MK 5, Montadero mk2, El Bandido model 18,plus lots of bits and two Honda XR's 250,350.

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 04:48:17 am »
Current management of Etihad Stadium is former manager of Welsh Stadium home of British SGP,
Having met with SGP on 6 occasions it is only about the money,
Or lack of it,
SEC exists because some of the Poles were sick of giving all of theirs to IMG,
Melbourne was to get SGP in 09 but the GFC and  AUD v USD exchange rate killed it,