Author Topic: What the hell is happenning? Why are so many leaving the forum?  (Read 11103 times)

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: What the hell is happenning? Why are so many leaving the forum?
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2014, 08:49:11 pm »
been here since day one
seen them all come and go
will never win posts contest not interested
raced bikes and cars all my life
qld flat history 1974-present in my head
have some respect dont always think just about me
ftw al

Offline Rusty

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2014, 07:58:11 am »
Have been monitoring or administrating forums since the days when the only pics on the web were pr0n and iirc chat was the go .... oh, 3300 modems too.

This place sometimes fires up, but that has more to do with the passion for the old bikes we have and less to do with the anonymous sheet stirring in many forums.
Poke that bone back in and wrap it up tight sport - I am racing the second moto.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2014, 08:24:52 am »
Forums give people a certian atonomy that some abuse. Hence the term Keyboard Warrior was born. I try and use the old would I say that in person If someone is trying to bait you into an argument on here I choose to just have a few days off or go to the photo thread for a while. It really is the old saying it takes two to argue. Most real shit stirers dont last long and leave even quicker if they get no attenion.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2014, 11:58:21 am »
Forums give people a certian atonomy that some abuse. Hence the term Keyboard Warrior was born. I try and use the old would I say that in person If someone is trying to bait you into an argument on here I choose to just have a few days off or go to the photo thread for a while. It really is the old saying it takes two to argue. Most real shit stirers dont last long and leave even quicker if they get no attenion.

I totally agree with Slakewells view above on this subject.

But I am afraid whilst I respect his opinion,I cant agree with William Doe's post about my "disagreements" with a certain individual and how it could've been sorted over a beer.

Some personality types are never matched online or face to face,and I believe that ours is one of those.

I would also always say the same things face to face that I do on this Forum.

Clearly some people dont have the same amount of ticker, and think that they can get away with murder online.

The VMX scene is far too small a place worldwide, let alone in Australasia, to think that personal abuse can only be confined to cyber space.

I bailed off here a while ago,but missed the mainly positive informative posts and discussion.So I decided to return, albeit with a better thicker skinned attitude when it came to a certain individual and other similar minded people.

Over and out.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2014, 11:33:10 am »

I totally agree with Slakewells view above on this subject.

But I am afraid whilst I respect his opinion,I cant agree with William Doe's post about my "disagreements" with a certain individual and how it could've been sorted over a beer.

Some personality types are never matched online or face to face,and I believe that ours is one of those.

I would also always say the same things face to face that I do on this Forum.

Clearly some people dont have the same amount of ticker, and think that they can get away with murder online.

The VMX scene is far too small a place worldwide, let alone in Australasia, to think that personal abuse can only be confined to cyber space.

I bailed off here a while ago,but missed the mainly positive informative posts and discussion.So I decided to return, albeit with a better thicker skinned attitude when it came to a certain individual and other similar minded people.

Over and out.
Onya Guys ;) Let the Band Of Brothers carry the Banner