Author Topic: Can someone remind me of what Heaven Means in Heaven VMX?  (Read 3532 times)

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
Can someone remind me of what Heaven Means in Heaven VMX?
« on: March 09, 2014, 07:52:24 pm »
I have heard that the originators of the club used Heaven as an acronym for a series of words to describe what the club was all about. Can someone enlighten me as to what those words were please?

H...
E...
A...
V...
E...
N...
Kenneth S
Go For It

Heaven VMX Club - Racing No 222 - 79 CR250RZ - 84 CR250RE (Steam Train) - 89 CR250RK

Race Bike History
76 RM125A, 77 RM125B, 78 RM125C, RM400C, 79 CR250RZ, 80 YZ250G, 81 RM465X, 82-83 RM490 Frank Pons Special(Beetle's 81 Race Bike)

HeavenVMX

Re: Can someone remind me of what Heaven Means in Heaven VMX?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 07:59:34 pm »
Holeshot    Evolution    And    Vintage    Era    National

Not the most satisfying acronym I have to say
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 11:56:43 pm by HeavenVMX »

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 08:20:11 pm »
I am not a follower of any religious beliefs, so I agree not the most satisfying.

Still much  better than  Holeshot    Evolution    And    Vintage    Era   Using   Protagonists.

or 'heave up"  :o
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:02:59 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Big Al

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 08:28:21 pm »
FYI

If anybody is curious what viper stands for its
VI ctorian
P re eighty
E volution
R egister

I never liked it when we created it but it was meant to only be an acronym for the bank and cheq book but it stuck.

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 10:33:52 pm »
Holeshot    Evolution    And    Vintage    Era    National

Not the most satisfying acronym I have to say

But Then over time  the holeshot stared to be replace with Heaven

Heaven Evolution and Vintage Era National ...       

I do not know or why Holeshot but i think heaven is better than EAVEN .
And Please forgive me as I cant Spell for Shit ...
And I have very Bad Gramer ...too I been told ......

HeavenVMX

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 12:02:46 am »
at least it could have been
Historic Evolution And Vintage Era National

May have been a little better but it is registered with Holeshot so there it stays :-X

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 08:32:05 am »
Damn old age.
I have forgotten what the acronym stood for when it was established, but I am 100% confident that  it was devised by John Glendenning (RIP) and Steve ? Cotrell.

I will check my archives tonight when I get home I think the current theories are warm but not 100% correct.

Firko do you remember??

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 09:42:51 am »
Firko do you remember??
I well remember having long discussions with Mark Cotterell over what a wank I thought the name / acronym was (and still do). He was a stubborn sort of visionary who was convinced that the unusual name would draw attention and therefore more new guys to the sport but my argument was that it put an unnecessary Jesus slant on it which would turn away some, thinking it was a bunch of Hillsong type fundamental Christian bike riders......a wankerfest. John Glendenning thought it was a wank as well but didn't have the ability to convince Cotterell it was silly.Time has shown that I was a bit dramatic in how I thought the public would respond to the name but I still think it's a bit of a toss. Each to his own however,  I think we've now all gotten used to it.
Holeshot Evolution And Vintage Era National is correct.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

HeavenVMX

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 10:17:04 am »

Holeshot Evolution And Vintage Era National

Above is the full expanion of the acronym shown on documentation with the Department of Fair trading.

The name 'Heaven' means that you have to explain to almost everyone what we are about and often it is met with an unusual expression. It is obviously not a big issue really as the membership is very strong. 8)

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 10:52:59 am »
Firko do you remember??
I well remember having long discussions with Mark Cotterell over what a wank I thought the name / acronym was (and still do). He was a stubborn sort of visionary who was convinced that the unusual name would draw attention and therefore more new guys to the sport but my argument was that it put an unnecessary Jesus slant on it which would turn away some, thinking it was a bunch of Hillsong type fundamental Christian bike riders......a wankerfest. John Glendenning thought it was a wank as well but didn't have the ability to convince Cotterell it was silly.Time has shown that I was a bit dramatic in how I thought the public would respond to the name but I still think it's a bit of a toss. Each to his own however,  I think we've now all gotten used to it.
Holeshot Evolution And Vintage Era National is correct.

Thanks Firko,whatever happened to Mark by the way?

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 11:00:55 am »
Thanks Firko,whatever happened to Mark by the way?
I ran into him at CD8 at Conondale a few years ago and he was building one of those little Hayabusa powered road racing sports cars and was toying with the idea of getting a bike of some sort. There was more to the conversation about what he was up to but I've forgotten much of it bar something about a divorce and living in Queensland these days. He looked well if having a little lot less hair. 
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha