Author Topic: Honda Elsinore 125M  (Read 1367 times)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Honda Elsinore 125M
« on: January 24, 2014, 04:59:40 pm »

I have been offered a 1975 Honda Elsinore 125M ( frame number CR125M-2018939 ) but I dont know enough about them to say what it might be worth.
  Having trouble getting the photos to photo bucket so I can download them to this site but I could email them if that helps with the ID.
  It looks a bit rough but the motor is running and he reconds the forks are ok and wont need rechroming, the rear shocks look to be stuffed, the tank looks to have no dents but not sure of the inside.
   Just need some sort of a hint on it's value,  because I think I can make a nice bike out of it.

Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Honda Elsinore 125M
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 07:28:33 pm »
Hi Zane, make sure the engine number starts with a 2 also, so it is a genuine 75.Engine number starting with 1 is OK also. If the engine number starts with a 3 or more,or has no engine number like the one I got dudded with, it could be 76 or later and not as valuable. There are a lot of parts that interchange but the head /barrel of the 74/75 wont work on the 76 and later - but they fit. The later model lower ends fit the frame also so beware!
There are plenty of parts still around for them and they are the best bike in pre-75 125's. Good examples are getting around $4000.

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 11:10:32 am »

Thanks suzuki 27 so does that mean that the 75 model is a follow on and still eligible for pre 75.
                                                  Zasne

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 11:25:31 am »

Thanks suzuki 27 so does that mean that the 75 model is a follow on and still eligible for pre 75.
                                                  Zasne
Yes the 75 is a follow on.. there are only small changes between the 74 & 75.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 11:59:23 am »
'75 CR125M is one of the prettiest little bikes on the planet, if not the THE prettiest.
K

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 08:31:47 pm »

I bought the Honda today at what I thought was a good price, so just a matter of pulling it down and see what parts I need to rebuild it.
   I agree with Bigk they are a pretty bike, but for now it has taken it's place in the queue.

Zane