Author Topic: Yamaha IT/YZ 250/465 Parts  (Read 950 times)

Offline Alisdair

• Novice
    • View Profile
Yamaha IT/YZ 250/465 Parts
« on: January 21, 2014, 04:28:55 am »
After some parts for a IT465H I recently picked up
I haven't been to Yamaha yet because whenever I ask about something I can usually get it for 1/3 of the price somewhere else.

Front and rear brake shoes, prefer new if possible, I can get them from the states, but postage almost doubles the prices
From some quick googleing, YZ250, IT250, YZ465, IT/YZ490 shoes are the same (Need to confirm)

A suitable complete rear rim: Prefer 18inch
 has a 19inch on it with cracks and lose/seized/rusty/bent spokes,

Sounds pretty dumb, a single spoke for the front wheel.

A suitable speedo+cable I want to get it regoed so I can legalishly ride it in the forests

Clutch/Brake/Throttles Cables: Prefer new
Again, I can get them from USA, but postage.......

Fuel Cap for a YZ465G:
From google: YZ50G, YZ80G/J, YZ100G/H, YZ125G/H, YZ250G/H, YZ465H, TT250J are all suitable, need to confirm

Don't want to pay too much because I don't have much money(Uni student with no money because of bikes)

Any help/ advice would greatly be appreciated.

Al
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 01:03:25 pm by Alisdair »

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
Re: Yamaha IT/YZ 250/465
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 08:43:37 am »
After some parts for a IT465H I recently picked up
I haven't been to Yamaha yet because whenever I ask about something I can usually get it for 1/3 of the price somewhere else.

Front and rear brake shoes, prefer new if possible, I can get them from the states, but postage almost doubles the prices
From some quick googleing, YZ250, IT250, YZ465, IT/YZ490 shoes are the same (Need to confirm)  CONFIRMED - Many other it also, but G and H are definites
A suitable complete rear rim: Prefer 18inch
 has a 19inch on it with cracks and lose/seized/rusty/bent spokes,

Sounds pretty dumb, a single spoke for the front wheel.  How Good does it need to be and which one is it (there are different lengths and bends depending on which one it is.  If you aren't fussy about condition I can mail you one - not rusty.A suitable speedo+cable I want to get it regoed so I can legalishly ride it in the forests

Clutch/Brake/Throttles Cables: Prefer new
Again, I can get them from USA, but postage.......  Try Les Richters, he carries aftermarket ones and the postage will be less.  He will have brake shoes for the front as well.
Fuel Cap for a YZ465G:
From google: YZ50G, YZ80G/J, YZ100G/H, YZ125G/H, YZ250G/H, YZ465H, TT250J are all suitable, need to confirm   CONFIRMED - $23 plus postage gets you a new one from the US.
Don't want to pay too much because I don't have much money(Uni student with no money because of bikes)

Any help/ advice would greatly be appreciated.

Al

Hope that helps a bit.  IT465 is a cool beast - enjoy  8)
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline Alisdair

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Yamaha IT/YZ 250/465 Parts
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 12:13:37 am »
It465H, I will double check the rim though, previous owner has messed around with it.

Thanks for the contact in regards to the brakes.