Author Topic: Bikes recovered.  (Read 4751 times)

firko

Bikes recovered.
« on: June 04, 2008, 07:02:36 pm »
After the dramas of Husky 67 and YZ Hillys bikes being stolen and then thankfully recovered, here's an update on the theft of road racing great Allen Burts bike theft from 1998. Thieves broke into Allens Strathfield home while he was away and stole his AJS 7R 350, Matchless G50 and his ultra rare and much treasured Matchless G45 classic GP bikes. Allen is an old bloke and those bikes, especially the G45 which he raced with success in Europe in the sixties, were his pride and reason for living. Allen hasn't been the same bloke since the theft. Now, at last they've caught the scumbags who stole the bikes but unfortunately there is no indication at this early stage of their wherabouts. Let's hope they can eventually be returned to Allen.

Two brothers have been charged following an investigation by the Property Crime Squad into the theft of vintage racing motorcycles owned by a former Australian champion.

In February this year the Property Crime Squad established Strike Force Ecole to investigate the reported theft of the three motorcycles.

The unique motorbikes, worth approximately $175,000, were stolen in 1998 from the Strathfield home of renowned Australian Grand Prix motorcycle racer Allen Burt.

Detectives from the Property Crime Squad’s Motor Team have been following a number of fresh lines of inquiry into the theft and, as a result, yesterday arrested two Sanctuary Point men.

Investigators will allege they identified two men as being responsible for organising the theft of the vintage motorbikes, as well as another high-performance motorcycle, and receiving the stolen property.

The men were arrested by Property Crime Squad detectives shortly before 12pm at a Sanctuary Point business before being taken to Nowra Police Station for questioning.

A 43-year-old man was charged with two counts each of accessory before and after the fact to break enter and steal, and one count each of dispose of stolen property and pervert the course of justice.

Meanwhile, a 45-year-old man was charged with one count each of accessory before and after the fact to break enter and steal.

Both men were conditionally bailed to appear in Nowra Local Court on Monday 23 June.

NSW Government | jobs.nsw |

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Bikes recovered.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 07:24:35 pm »
Well spotted Firko, but what gives you the screaming shits about all of this is that I'm pretty sure poor old Allen Burt was in hospital at the time these poxridden arsewipes went for his gear, that makes it ten times as bad. Naturally these days there's no chance these rejects will get what they deserve, but we can hope that karma, which has a surprising habit of catching up if you wait long enough, will nail them in the end.    >:(
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

ted

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 07:37:40 pm »
I hope it gets adjourned.....I will be working away on this date...How about we get our arses to court and let these forkers know what we think of them

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 08:14:39 pm »
FIRKO
when i was racing pre62 roadracing in the 1980s this story came up but it went along the lines of he was on the way home from a race meeting amaroo park and stoped to buy something at the shops.when he got back the bikes car and trailer were gone.it was a g50 and 7r as well.
just the story i remember from the 80s i stopped racing in 1988.got married.starting again on the 29th june 2008
cheers

Offline BJJ

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Remote PC
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 08:33:14 pm »
aside from the subject Jim,  I know,  but where is your first-back meet?

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 08:38:31 pm »
29th june at nepean.riding a tt500c slider and a dt360.i will just ride let other people race
cheers

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 09:12:57 pm »
That's great news I hope Al perked up a bit after hearing this news. With bikes as rare and identifiable as the G50 and 7R I just hope an unscupulous collector hasn't paid top $$ for them.

Unrelated :-Jim your dial indictor holder is done ;D
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 12:02:58 am »
Firko  I think I know who these two blokes are as I live in Sanctuary point if I'm right they will get done for more than the three bikes if the cops do there job right. We can only hope.jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 10:07:24 am »
Hey i just got all our CR80  engine bits back and i will have it goin for this weekend i,ve been told my girl want's her bike back after getting tipped off her brothers .Anyway 3 people have been charged over the theft and i dont think they will get anymore than a slap for it so hopefully it's all over for now.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

firko

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 10:14:20 am »
Jimson would these blokes be former racers who raced a somewhat unusual bike beginning with A and their surname begins with C? If so they're the same dodgy pair that were mentioned when the crime occurred. It's below contempt to do this to a fellow racer.

mx250

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 10:56:58 am »
Jimson would these blokes be former racers who raced a somewhat unusual bike beginning with A and their surname begins with C? If so they're the same dodgy pair that were mentioned when the crime occurred. It's below contempt to do this to a fellow racer.
The tree ain't tall enough and the rope ain't short enough for dodgy 'tea leaves'. Not only do they hurt the individual they steal from but they hurt the sport as well  >:(.

Ditto anyone who knowingly buys from such types  >:(

Rant 'off'  ;D

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 12:55:14 pm by vmx247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 06:15:27 pm »
Firko pm sent
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 06:22:51 pm »
Interesting.
To arrest someone so long after the crime, without them holding the (still smoking) gun, must be pretty unusual - I can only assume that there are some pretty 'interesting' circumstances surrounding it all.

In any case, its good news. Bet the fukkers thought that they were home free on that particular job, only to have it come and bite them on the asre, eventually.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.