Author Topic: HELP!  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
HELP!
« on: November 23, 2013, 11:49:16 am »

Gentlemen, I NEED your HELP,

have been chasing some Suzuki genuine parts for some months, these are driven shaft gearbox bearing 09264-20002 & also driven shaft circlip 09380-28004 WITH NO LUCK!  My latest efforts were with a gentleman named Marcel in the Netherlands which FAILED this morning after Marcel assured me he could supply.....good guy, at least he was honest and has already credited my paypal account BEFORE he let me know his supplier could NOT supply.
BEARING is unusual in size being 20x36x12 and is a Suzuki only part, I have tried numerous suppliers all over the world with no luck from Vintage Suzuki in the u.s.a (they say they have full sets available but apparently do not include this particular bearing!!!), Pagetts in the U.K., Ray at Suzy Parts in south Aus etc, HELP HELP HELP, please!!!

again, these are odd sized bearing and circlip, no bearing company so far I have found can supply.

thanks in advance,
Kt.

Tony T

Re: HELP!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 12:10:00 pm »
Brookvale Freedom Motorcycles claim to have the circlip in stock for $4.73.  ;D
Call them on  0299384777

« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 12:16:51 pm by Tony T »

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 12:36:23 pm »
THANKS Tony, should have said, I need TWO bearings and two circlips!  I bought Freedoms circlip a couple weeks back, was lucky with that one!

Kt

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 01:01:50 pm »
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline SUZUKI311

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 09:33:08 pm »
Seeing that you have the part numbers, a vintage sympathetic Suzuki shop that runs the C8 or C9 parts program should be able to help find out if any dealer may have one on the shelf. All they have to do is punch in the part no. and then highlight the part no., hit F12 (from memory) and this will bring up any other shop running C8/C9 that still lists one on their stock level. This also works for any brand, including KTM etc, ( so long as they use this program) the hard part is getting a parts guy who is willing to take the approx. 2.5 seconds to do it. Try Boltons in Kyneton- 0354222255. Bruce Bolton actually owns the rights to C9, and his parts guys are always happy to help. I only last week sourced a discontinued XR350 clutch cover gasket using this method.
1977 RM80B-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-(Still after 11 years !) 2017 KTM 350EXCF , 96 CBR600, . Member of Bendigo Motorcycle club since 1981, Viper No. 311 (old VMBA Number!!)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 09:45:55 pm »
I can understand the bearing being an odd size but what makes the circlip so unique that a bearing shop can't supply anything?
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 10:11:11 am »

Thankyou Suzuki311 & GMC.   I will give Boltons a try with your suggested system 311, i did speak with Mick Hones and they found me the circlip at Brookvale via some sort of old parts listing but said no bearing available, that MIGHT be the system you suggest, i will ring Boltons anyway, have not spoke to the boys there for a while, used to get all my Kato gear there after Old Bert got out of them (loved Bert and JR at Floodys).

GMC, the circlip is a spring clip similar to what a standard type piston uses but is an odd size apparently, round section of 1.4mm so cant even use (easily) a standard type clip although i would have modified to use until i found the one circlip, just need a bearing now (but i do have another ending to do shortly which will need a second clip and second bearing.....)

thanks men,
Kt.