Author Topic: one more old fart  (Read 2205 times)

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
one more old fart
« on: May 31, 2008, 01:26:34 pm »
g,day my first encounter with the world of 2wheels was when i stood on the footboard of my old mans '28 harley in about 1941 - the crash bar saved my chest from the tank! not a fan of harleys. later at about '56 fell off my mates c11 in our suburban back yard and decided i better get a bike this looks like fun ! by 1958 got out of the nasho's joined merrylandsdmcc and went racing ,the speedway act stopped bossley bush track [and all the others] so rode at moorebank scrambles where my reputation  for erratic performance stemmed .[still the same] wrote mdmcc club news for the m/cycle clubman for some years under the name 'pancho.' my claims to fame so far - 2 sons 9 grandkids my wife of 35 yrs big C surviver part of mdmcc team that won  the first 6 hour race at nepean in '68 and still having big fun. i made it to B grade on a b31 in a payne frame at nepean about '63 stopped racing about '71 till darell gave me a practice lap on his hagon jawa a few yrs ago and now back with a '69 rt1 which dumps me every time and an  xt500-elstar which is great fun between blow ups  cheers have happy days wally. 
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

firko

Re: one more old fart
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 03:44:50 pm »
Welcome aboard Wally. For those you don't know Wally he's one of the old Nepean stalwarts that make our sport so great. He has a habit of falling off his RT1 with regularity and going much faster than his age should allow him on his Yamaha 500 Elstar. Wals one of the good old farts.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 03:46:27 pm by firko »

oldfart

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 10:04:19 am »
From one Oldfart to an other welcome aboard .

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 10:46:52 am »
welcome enjoy.!
from Alison & Steve WA
Best is in the West !!

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 04:40:57 pm »
thanks for the welcome and kind words see you at nepean dont forget the big two day in august !
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

mx250

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 04:59:56 pm »
A double 'welcome aboard' from me - anyone who stood on the floorboards of a '28 Harley in 1941 makes me feel positively young  ;D.

As to regularly falling off an RT, there no shame in that. Here's my opinion of RT's....

"DT1 and RT1's are evil bastards that actively work against you, conspiring at every corner, every undulation, every jump and even in the straight ahead, to kill you. Particularly that front end. (But shit they are exciting and good fun )"

//ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=2432.0 (add http to get earlier thread (server won't let me post and link UHL's)).