Author Topic: Interstate Couriers  (Read 2156 times)

Jed

Interstate Couriers
« on: May 29, 2008, 09:35:31 am »
    Hi folks, i need to get a bike engine moved from SA to NSW. Can anybody recommend or know of a courier service who can do this door to door .
                    Thanks

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: Interstate Couriers
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 09:43:39 am »
i might be able to get it to someone in melbourne on the way to tassie ? if not maybe the DT nats in sept ?

failing that i pick it up here and then sent it on a truck for $200 ifn you desperate to have it ?
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Jed

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 10:26:11 am »
  I am not desperate to have it at the moment (tho this will probably change), but i will need to have it picked up from the seller within the next 4 or 5 days.
    Freaky, the motor is in Renmark if thats anywhere near you. Its for my "poor mans" dirt/street tracker project, so it will be a while before i really need it. But the sooner the better.   

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 10:45:49 am »
Ban BLACK rims NOW

mx250

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 12:07:57 pm »
  I am not desperate to have it at the moment (tho this will probably change), but i will need to have it picked up from the seller within the next 4 or 5 days.
    Freaky, the motor is in Renmark if thats anywhere near you. Its for my "poor mans" dirt/street tracker project, so it will be a while before i really need it. But the sooner the better.   
Is that the RT2 motor Jed? You may have a GYT kitted motor there (the black carb).

Jed

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 03:38:27 pm »
        Yes mx250, i think its an RT2, but i'm not sure about the GYT kit tho. That would be a very welcome bonus. It was on ebay and it does have a black carby, but is there any other way of telling if its a kitted engine ? What should i look for when i get it ?
     Thanks for the offer of help Freaky, but when i got home from work the missus had already arranged it for me (whats more worrying is that she even paid the courier :o) with Parcell Express.

Thanks for the help.

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 12:45:24 pm »
Jed
For my money you can't go past Fergusons who advertise in Just Bikes.
I wouldn't say they are cheap but I had a Ducati 450 RT sent over and they treated that old dunger which is in a 'requires TOTAL restoration' condition as though it was a $100K show bike!
If you can't find their add just get back to me
Dave Mac
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

Quicksilver

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 01:03:41 pm »
If you get the engine into a small timber box makes it easier. Star Track express can do it. They picked them up for door to door service......
CR450 engine from Gold coast to here door to door $40. TS250 from here to blue mountains $30 door to door. Worth a try. Worked for me.  ;)

YSS

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 02:46:28 pm »
Yes with Fergusons you want have any problems , I used them many times.

Jed

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 08:02:29 pm »
    Thanks for all the help fella's, its all organised now and should be here on Monday.
                         Cheers

mx250

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 08:41:49 pm »
What should i look for when i get it ?

Easiest is whip the head off and look at the dome. A shallow dome, about 10mm deep, is high compression. Standard is about 20mm deep.

Jed

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 09:08:09 pm »
         Thanks Graeme, i will check it out when it gets here. I dont suppose you know if an RT2 engine will fit in a 74 DT 250 frame ?
      Cheers   

mx250

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 09:57:35 pm »
         Thanks Graeme, i will check it out when it gets here. I dont suppose you know if an RT2 engine will fit in a 74 DT 250 frame ?
      Cheers   
99% sure the rear mounts are correct, the front don't match. I'm sure that with a little effort and some engineering they could be made to fit.