Author Topic: Poppy shock bodies.  (Read 6528 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Poppy shock bodies.
« on: October 01, 2013, 10:40:47 pm »
Poppy shock bodies for Koni shocks were the absolute ultimate in high tech trick suspension in the pre long travel days. I bought a pair from Steve Meadows at Competition Developments here in Sydney in around 1973 and had the ace machinist at work (Chullora Railway Workshops) whip up 6 pairs over the next couple of months and sold them all except the originals and one pair of mine. I actually made them with slightly more oil capacity but they were otherwise indistinguishable from the originals. I've still got a pair in the stash and I'll probably put them on one of my flat trackers. Koni later made their own version.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Poppy-Bodies-Brand-New-Aluminum-AHRMA-Koni-Shocks-/231065102300

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha