Author Topic: HRC swingarm?  (Read 4219 times)

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
HRC swingarm?
« on: September 14, 2013, 09:56:13 pm »
Wadda ya reckon,real or not,I don't think team H would be using grease nipples in their swingarm bolts on the works tackle ;)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-86-honda-HRC-RC-CR-250-500-swingarm-WORKS-REAL-DEAL-Coke-Bottle-/331023002528?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d12822ba0&vxp=mtr

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
Re: HRC swingarm?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 10:57:34 pm »
"Johnny O".. Fact or Fodder?
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

mainline

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 11:11:47 pm »
Close to this one but some different details. I reckon there would be slight differences from one part to the next given they were all "one off" items really.

Offline davidmc

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 11:41:43 pm »
Well the bolts are stock items, could be a factory swing arm, although all the Honda Factory Swing Arms I have seen have more taper to the axle than this one, like on photo Bike No 25,
they usually start cracking after 6 mths use and keep cracking there after??

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 08:08:03 am »
Well the bolts are stock items, could be a factory swing arm, although all the Honda Factory Swing Arms I have seen have more taper to the axle than this one, like on photo Bike No 25,
they usually start cracking after 6 mths use and keep cracking there after??
I agree, it is possibly a later model factory arm than the bike 25.

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 02:23:27 pm »
The # 25 is Hannah's 1985 bike. He was the only rider to run a rear drum that year, everyone else had a disc and the arm on ebay has no mounts for a disc brake. In 1986 all Honda's ran production swingarms with rear disc mounts, so can't be that either.
I doubt it's '84 as I think they had a right hand side drive, so that rules that year out.
I also can't see that weld just behind the swingarm pivot on any of the works bike pics, that the ebay arm has.
So it's either an arm from Hannah's bike or a mock up, and I'm erring towards the latter, considering it's only got about $150 worth of bids, most people prob think the same.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 03:29:35 pm »
The # 25 is Hannah's 1985 bike. He was the only rider to run a rear drum that year, everyone else had a disc and the arm on ebay has no mounts for a disc brake. In 1986 all Honda's ran production swingarms with rear disc mounts, so can't be that either.
I doubt it's '84 as I think they had a right hand side drive, so that rules that year out.
I also can't see that weld just behind the swingarm pivot on any of the works bike pics, that the ebay arm has.
So it's either an arm from Hannah's bike or a mock up, and I'm erring towards the latter, considering it's only got about $150 worth of bids, most people prob think the same.
Who said its from an American bike? Europe used factory bikes and parts all thru the 80's, it could possibly be a works swingarm for 84, 85 or 86 CR's.. There are so many used factory parts floating around in England and Europe anything is possible.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 04:01:37 pm »
Get over it guys. It's made out of iron. Everybody knows exotica such as alooominum swingarms haven't been invented yet 8)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 04:07:56 pm by Ted »
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 04:53:15 pm »
Who said its from an American bike? Europe used factory bikes and parts all thru the 80's, it could possibly be a works swingarm for 84, 85 or 86 CR's.. There are so many used factory parts floating around in England and Europe anything is possible.

Not me, I just said #25 was Hannah's bike from 1985. But any examples I could find of HRC bikes (USA, Europe or Japan) except for Hannah's from '85 all ran rear disc's. '86 was a production year in the U.S. and Europe (maybe excluding the 500) and again all ran rear discs.
An '84 would be the best bet...

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 04:59:00 pm »
Looks 84 to me and it is no ordinary swingarm. Not sure what the reserve is but its more than I bid
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 05:00:57 pm by Slakewell »
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle