Author Topic: Very cool OSSA  (Read 1510 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Very cool OSSA
« on: August 31, 2013, 04:25:17 pm »
This bike has a great history and is as trick as they come. Cool.
  http://www.ebay.com/itm/OSSA-FLAT-TRACK-MOTOCROSS-DESERT-DALLAS-BAKER-CJ-VINTAGE-MX-CARRILLO-AHRMA-/181206603590

1971 Ossa 250 desert & ranch bike. This hi-Bred bike was set-up to shift & brake on the right side, (similar to a flattracker) as the former owner & builder Fred Carrillo-The Con Rod Man lost his left leg below the knee during a 1953 Bonneville Salt Flat time trial accident. The only item that's actually Ossa on it, is the engine. The engine is fitted with a compression release, 34 VM Mikuni carb & breaths through a super hard to find A&A Racing air cleaner assembly. It has a custom hand crafted T&M pipe, that shows a couple of depression areas in the heatshield. The serial numbers for the engine is M-300004. No numbers are present for the frame. A set of just located-period correct Baker Racing Frames swingarm decals will be given to the new buyer (see photo).

If you know your vintage racebikes, you can already see all of the aftermarket & production parts. The seat appears to be from a '71 TM400 Cyclone with CARRILLO stenciled-painted onto the back of it. Forks are Bultaco-leading axel 35mm Betors. Wheelsets & brakes-Husqvarna. For controls it has K&N bars and a Doherty throttle. The best feature is the rare Dallas Baker Racing Frame, swingarm, brake pedal assembly & triple-trees. Dallas Baker frames appear to look a lot like a C&J racing frame, but it has it's differences. If you require more info regarding Dallas Baker & C&J Frames, please read my ebaY Me page for full details.

The custom pipe is made by T&M (it has this stamped into it on one of the mounting tabs). S&W (Spark & Whitham) shocks & springs are nice with no rust or pitting. Akront rims spin true-however, Fred drilled into the side of them, for the old sheet metal screw treatment. Front tire is a Full Bore-worn & rounded, the rear is a Metzeler-crisp & sharp. The four gallon Desert & GP gastank with a Monza style cap has a few small dings showing and has had some touch-up paint applied. The yellow "Carrillo Trademark" color scheme is one that Fred has always used over the decades from his Bonneville Salt Flat racers to his Indy cars. Just google his name & see for yourself. Collectable bike's like this are not for everybody. This ride is not a pristine Museum Piece or a Garage Queen that anybody can own. I have plenty of them & seen plenty of them in my 25+ years of collecting & vintage racing. I prefer the original one-off's like this, as the bulk of my own personal collection has over 50 custom aftermarket framed vintage & evolution racebikes in it.

If I was to give this bike a name, it would be "OssaVarna". What would you call it ?

Payments: Cash, Check-Subject to Clearing & PayPal.

Shipping is the sole responsibility of the buyer after payment clears. I can assist with delivery to a shipper only in the San Diego County Area. I will not box, take apart or crate it. All shipping must be handled within 21 days (three weeks) of the date the auction ended on. If not a storage-warehouse (mine) fee of $5.00 a day will be charged, non-negotiable. No title, but a well written & clear to read 'Bill of Sale" will be furnished to the buyer.

Questions answered & additional photos upon request.

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha