Author Topic: YZ125x rear wheel and swing arm nylon chain collar  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Bondi Rabbit

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
YZ125x rear wheel and swing arm nylon chain collar
« on: August 26, 2013, 01:16:01 pm »
About to put my back wheel back on in the rebuild, has been off for a few months now. I'm reading the manual and it states that there are spacers on both sides, I seem to have a spacer on one side only the brake side. I haven't checked if it lines up yet, and have all the parts stored, or at least I think I did ? Does anyone know if they have spacers or collars as they are called on both sides of the wheel ? Also I have put on the nylon chain collar on the swing arm , but not sure If I have it on the wrong way ? Happy to post a photo , but not sure how to do it
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:28:52 pm by Bondi Rabbit »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: YZ125x rear wheel and swing arm nylon chain collar
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 03:00:36 pm »
Yes, there should be spacers on both sides of the wheel.
The one on the sprocket side should have a pressed steel dust shield on it (the dust shield is not essential, but will help you identify which is which).

I can get you measurements if you need them.

Isn't the swingarm roller symmetrical?
Or are they the ones with a ridge/rib on the OD that's closer to one end than the other? If so, my memory says that the rib goes toward the middle of the bike, so the sideplates of the chain run on either side of it.
Once the rear wheel is on, but before you fit the chain, look along the sprockets - the ridge on the roller should be in line with both of them.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Bondi Rabbit

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 04:05:47 pm »
Hi Nathan

Thanks for the info, if you have the dimension for the sprocket side collar that would be much appreciated. As I know the other side had the collar when removing the wheel as I took a photo from that side at the time.

Yes it is symmetrical, and can go only two ways , haven't fitted the chain as yet, so it maybe obvious when I do.

mainline

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 04:42:06 pm »
The spacer on the brake plate side measures about 22mm if that helps.  I can take the back wheel out if you really get stuck

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 04:42:56 pm »
Go into mech and tech dock on this forum

Click on I'll start this yamaha parts catalogue by viper 666

Proceed to parts

Click on  motorcycle

Click on 1976

Click on YZ 125 x

Scroll down to rear wheel