Author Topic: [QLD] - FOR SALE 1989 YZ250W runs fine and comes with mostly complete spare  (Read 2605 times)

Simo63

I've got a pair of 1989 YZ250 W's to sell so I though I'd give you lot a go before listing them on ebay and gumtree. 

Bike 1
Complete and running bike.  Great compression and runs well.  Previous owner advised top end was rebuilt and it does have very good compression so I would tend to believe him.  You can test tide it around the back yard if you like.  Complete in every aspect except missing the sprocket cover.  Has had a spray pack rebuild by previous owner who painted the frame (and a few other things) red.  Good forks, great rear shock, near new rear tyre, renthal bars, good chain and sprockets.  Has a badly dented pipe and rims ordinary. 

For a VMX rider looking to restore a bike the following are what you would be looking for:

•   Running motor that you could use as is or freshen up if you are serious
•   No corrosion around waterpump
•   Runs fine. I’ve had it running for 20 minutes today after dragging out of my “project shed” and washing it yesterday.  All it took was fresh fuel, fresh plug and a carby clean and away she went.
•   Has original airbox and the all-important filter cage and securing bolt with wing nut (what is it with that ... these always seemto be missing??)
•   A good set of wheels on the spare bike
•   A good exhaust pipe (on the spare bike) and original yamaha muffler on the runner
•   Good rear shock, no shaft damage, no oil leaking and has full rebound.  I suggest this has been rebuilt in the recent past
•   No rust on the fork shafts, no oil leaks that I noticed
•   Both front and rear brakes work fine (of course could always do with fresh brake fluid and new pads I guess)
•   Seat foam is perfect even though seat cover has a few splits as per the photos
•   Fuel tanks are both good, fuel tap does no leak
•   Carby does not flood or leak

Definately a very good start to make a great race bike.

Bike 2
Mostly complete bike. Motor dismantled but complete (incl ignition etc). Has a great stock exhaust pipe, almost dent free. No radiators, no handlebars and I suspect a few other parts missing as well. Has good rims/wheels as well.  As you can see by the red overspray on this disassembled motor, this one came from the complete bike.  The bigend has failed but no cylinder or head damage.

Price is $2000 firm.

Located Sunshine Coast

Pictures can be sent to interested persons, just send me your email address.

Best way is to PM or email me.

Cheers
Simo
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 09:34:59 pm by Simo63 »

Simo63

No interest?

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Id like to purchase the rear brake caliper if you have a spare??
Cheers

Nada
Honda is the only way to roll!

Offline curly001

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
They look familiar. I'm sure I've seen them before. No the ones I saw were in Sydney must be the oldtimers kicking in.