Author Topic: CZ no22  (Read 2473 times)

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
CZ no22
« on: February 08, 2009, 08:30:44 am »
Fired up my CZ yesterday for the first time.Engine felt nice and tight but heaps of vibration coming through the bars.Could only just get into 3rd at end of paddock .So much torque just pulls and pulls.Handling good except for ratty old shocks which Ive got on while mine are being rebuilt.Needs a new back tire,front sprocket and chain.This is gonna be good!

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
Re: CZ no22
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 12:04:42 pm »
First time out at QVMX Tambourine meet.Great practice day on the Saturday racing on Sunday.New back tire, and rebuilt S and Ws.Handling was good on the grassy moist practice track but front wanted to push out on the sandy race track(discussed with holeshot who reckomends a new tyre)Mid pack starts and finishes which was good.Some running on experienced on Sat so rerouted and secured the throttle cable better and adjusted the carbi to no idle.Also used a hotter plug on Sunday which all made the bike start better and run a bit better(I think).Checked out the 090 69 sidepiper which looks better in the flesh,PG also was racing his 77 250 and old mate(didnt get his name )had his 73 380 there which was a great looking bike turned out in yellow.Great weekend,also raised some good coin for the bushfires in Vic and floods in Qld.

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 01:26:15 pm »
How desperate am I answering my own posts.Um oldmates Cz was a 72 not 73 as previously stated as I just remembered he told me he had the yellow rounded tank stored away.

Offline HL400

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 06:14:17 pm »
Hi there shortshifter, sounds like a nice bike and you had some fun.  what type of rear shocks do you have, ? I have a 1973 400 and I needs some new shockers and dont no what type to buy,   H

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 08:17:50 pm »
H, the shocks on mine are some old S and W (dont know for sure but the dual rate springs are blue and black and I seem to remember they looked like that in the day) just rebuilt by RAD in BrisVegas.They work well.Old mates Cz had a set of brand new Hagons as did a number of early BSAs so I think they must be pretty good.There is always Falcon and YSS who have a pretty good old style shock I believe.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 09:06:10 pm »
Old mate with the 72 is 'Guy'. The side piper has Hagons which do the job okay, but shall be buying a more upmarket set eventually. Good to see a few czer's out there on the weekend. Hagon has a chart to work out what you need . From memory it is with the Jawa spec's.
His name is Darrell 03 57951828

Offline HL400

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 09:23:10 pm »
Hi Wasp, do you have a rough price ?   H

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 10:30:37 am »
Big day at Coles Creek the other week.Tight and technical track good fun.No 22 had a few spills due to the ineptitude of the pilot.Always fell to the left which was bad news for the gearshifter and even worse news for the gear shift shaft.Replacement on way but have to split cases to get it in.Time to go for an aftermarket shift lever which will bend before the shaft does.It's all good but.Hope its ready for cd6.

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 09:47:42 pm »
here it is in action ;D ;D
follow me to first turn

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 10:43:41 am »
Hardly action Russ,looks like I'm going on a nice little trail ride.That must have the point when I was so far out in front I've slowed down to identify the native grasses at the side of the track! :D :D :D