Author Topic: Little silver cancer reasearch charity meeting Exeter Devon UK  (Read 1757 times)

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
http://www.mxtrax.co.uk/little-silver-roll/forum/viewtopic/60/254853?siteid=6&start=45
Over 240 riders booked in for this fantastic meeting run in aid of cancer reasearch . 200 twinshocks and the rapidly growing evo pre 89 group saw a full line up of 40 riders.  Unfortunatly the rain gods decided we should not play on saturday so racing was only on the sunday.  saturday night we were entertained by a fantastic WHO tribute band  along with a few cider drinking yokels who decided to have a go at mud wrestling.

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Little silver cancer reasearch charity meeting Exeter Devon UK
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 06:55:43 am »
Some fantastic photos in that thread . The pommy guys seem to really like Maico 490s , Husky 510 fourstrokes & lots of 4 stroke hybrids . A great looking track too .

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 03:33:35 pm »
Wow Dave, that is some seriously glunky mud!
My Mum's from Throwleigh in Devon, a small Village not far from Okehampton.
Where exactly is the track?
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 04:57:42 pm »
the track is right at the very end of the M5 on the left where the 338 and 38 split about 5 mins from exeter .

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 05:37:01 pm »
Thanks for that Dave, I'll run it past Mum.
But I doubt she ever raced there ;).
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 08:01:12 pm »
G'day Dave my wife is in the mother land for a 4week holiday just down the road a bit in Tiverton I new I shoulder gone bugger  :'( thats about 20 something minutes away from Exeter I think its been a while. Are you from that area mate? and is this event on at the same time every year.jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 05:49:18 am »
I live in wimborne nr  Bournemouth on the south coast , thats about 2 hrs slow drive from exeter.  We had a national round of the twinshocks at Tiverton in April . This is the 3rd annual cancer reasearch meeting and it is generaly mid may give a week or 2 .  A top tip for you guys,  pre 89 evo is the fastest growing group in the uk , i am sure it will follow over with you.    The bikes are still relativly cheap, there is still spares that you dont need a mortgage for,The bikes are reliable and reasonably easy on your body.    Get leisky back on a CR 500.  Oh and wombat i think i saw your mum in the beer tent mud wrestling.