Author Topic: More "seemed like a good idea at the time"  (Read 2566 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
More "seemed like a good idea at the time"
« on: August 07, 2013, 08:29:46 pm »
Bloke was tossing some unwell, very late model YZF450cc top end bits in the scrap alloy bin at the refuse/recycle station I run last weekend. Inquired politely how they end up it such a pitiful state...:
We was cleanin da crap up arfta it shit a valve, usen all the stuff in the laundree sink cubbard.,you know caustic soda stuff, some clothes washing powder shit, drain cleana, ant rid (?),metho , degreaser, dunny clean an about half dozen others bottles of  whatever shit in there. Toby put in all in a drum with kero and chucked the shitboxes bits in. Then chucked on some boiling water........... 
Found out a bit later the dirty wash up drum had been used to store fertilizer.

Don't.     Toby had a nice ride in a helicopter, needs a few/a lot of skin grafts, some plastic surgery has a broken kneecap and has lost sight in his left eye forever.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 08:34:35 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: More "seemed like a good idea at the time"
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 08:48:46 pm »
Bloke was tossing some unwell, very late model YZF450cc top end bits in the scrap alloy bin at the refuse/recycle station I run last weekend. Inquired politely how they end up it such a pitiful state...:
We was cleanin da crap up arfta it shit a valve, usen all the stuff in the laundree sink cubbard.,you know caustic soda stuff, some clothes washing powder shit, drain cleana, ant rid (?),metho , degreaser, dunny clean an about half dozen others bottles of  whatever shit in there. Toby put in all in a drum with kero and chucked the shitboxes bits in. Then chucked on some boiling water........... 
Found out a bit later the dirty wash up drum had been used to store fertilizer.

Don't.     Toby had a nice ride in a helicopter, needs a few/a lot of skin grafts, some plastic surgery has a broken kneecap and has lost sight in his left eye forever.

Ahhh, proof of the validity of the Darwin Principle!  ::) :D :D
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 08:58:03 pm »
Sad news Tim.
I never forget the sound of an oxy on a 44 gallon drum, from up at the shearer quarters !
Outcomes was as above  :'(  :'(
Best is in the West !!

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 09:13:10 pm »
Sometimes people just get lost and forget think, today, after driving diesel vans for ages and running a fleet of a dozen of them at one stage I committed the ultimate sin of pumping PETROL into one! The bosses van at a job I've been at less than 2 weeks! ;D the thing that's even worse is that I drove the van fifty ks without even realising!! It was until I shut the van down and attempted to restart it that the penny dropped, I was amazed that all the thing needed was a drain out, injector clean and some minor things and she was running like a new one again just hours later! Afterwards I was told its not the first time it has happened with that very same van!!!  :D Gotta say the turbo diesel Hyundai Iload is one seriously smooth, quite and responsive diesel van, so much so I swore it was a petrol and didn't even think to check otherwise!  ;D

Cheers, Brendan
PS, still employed  ;)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 09:39:41 pm »
My youngest sibling had a shocker run with cars: newly purchased Subaru developed a mystery electrical fault, the borrowed (and hitherto ultra-reliable Magna dropped its load for no good reason, and then the newly-handed-over company car refused to start.

The mother of all dummy spits was avoided only because the co-worker who had just handed the company car over, realised she'd filled the diesel vehicle with petrol... Interestingly, it had (apparently) been running fine on a 50:50 diesel:petrol mix until it cooled down.

The co-worker is still employed.

-----

At my work, we seem to get one diesel van filled with petrol once every six months... The apprentices always get excited about scoring free petrol, until they realise there's way too much diesel still left in it to go into their cars...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline TooFastTim

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 09:59:58 pm »

:o

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 06:37:16 am »
A young fella I know when I was living in whalan was cleaning parts for his rm80 he was cleaning them in petrol in his laundry,put some petrol in a ice cream container put parts in and added hot water fumes rose from the hot water and got to the pilot light for the gas hot water system.No skin grafts but some very bad burns and about a month and a half stay in mt druitt hospital did the same thing about 3 months later then they realised why it was happening.

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 11:11:04 am »
early 70's i did a stint of flexograph operator,mates toothbrushing print rollers with acetone over a 60ltr drum,i sticks a fag in his mouth.lights it,lights mine shakes the match (remember those),chucks it in the bin,kaboooommmm,farrrkkk i saw the flame coming,mate didn't,lost his facial hair bigtime,looked funny the next day but,neat little blisters,workshop foreman hit the emergency sprinkler cutoff just in time,was 20 machines running at the time,oops,no more smoking in the workplace after that episode,i wasn't very popular with the smokers after that  ;D, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 11:29:42 pm »
  Called in to my daughters place a couple of weeks ago. Left the girls talking in the house and went out to the shed where my son in law was doing a  welding job using one of those old pie heater type welders.  I was standing there for a few minutes waiting for him to lift his head when I noticed a half full 5 ltr petrol can sitting on top of the welder, the bloody thing was so bloated from the heat it looked like one of those dead hippo's you see in the nature shows.  Stupid as it sounds I gently picked the f#*^ing thing up and took it down the back yard and placed it in their pool, then back to the shed and ripped the dope a new arse.  I suppose I was thinking if that thing bursts one stark from the welder, him, me and the shed would be history.  So easy to end up dead, he just didn't see it.
                  Zane   
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.