Author Topic: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TRIALS. 2014. VIC,AUST.  (Read 703 times)

Offline Matador107

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TRIALS. 2014. VIC,AUST.
« on: August 08, 2013, 05:22:47 pm »
So you think you can ride eh.

The world champs are back at Mt Tarrengower National Park near Maldon Vic, April 12th--13th 2014. See the best of the best in action. To me there is no other bike riding discipline where as punter you find yourself standing next to the world champ (Toni Bou) as he readies himself for the next section. These blokes just ride amongst the crowd, you may even find yourself being told "hold this "whilst the mechanic adjusts something.

It's quite easy to bag those Victorians but this is held inside a state national park,open fires, Rotary club selling steak sandwiches and Bendigo bike club selling the beers. All this while you can sit next to the fire, with your elbows on proper pub circular tables,having a can and watching a few sections, it's like a giant movie screen.
Some people might laugh because it's not high speed but when you see the best in action jumping bikes 3-4 metres near vertical from a standing start, just shake your head. Video does not do them justice.

Been to Malaysian moto gp and Speedway gp in NZ as well recently and in my opinion this event in 2012 was the best.

Of course on the final day Constable plod breath tested EVERY CAR driver as they drove through MALDON, bless them!
Bultaco Metralla, Matador MK 5, Montadero mk2, El Bandido model 18,plus lots of bits and two Honda XR's 250,350.

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TRIALS. 2014. VIC,AUST.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 08:04:31 pm »
I went on the Saturday last time and what these blokes can do on a trials bike is amazing I don't think you could climb up some of the sections they were riding will have to get there again.
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."