Author Topic: VALE TAFFY WILLIAMS  (Read 2343 times)

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
VALE TAFFY WILLIAMS
« on: July 26, 2013, 05:52:42 PM »
It was with great personal sadness that I learnt today of the passing, yesterday of Taffy Williams,

Taffy was the father of the late Ian Williams, # 112 and leaves his wife, Nancy and daughter, Anne .

Taffy was an accomplished rider, being at one time Welsh Trials Champion and a competitor at the IOM TT.
He ran a bike shop in Qeanbeyan and supported Ian through-out his Short Circuit career, he was also a regular at the South Coast Cup meetings at Sapphire Speedway, I last spoke with Taffy at a Fairbairn Dirt Track meeting a couple of years ago, the Aussie Titles.

His funeral is this coming Tuesday, for those who wish to attend,details will be in the Canberra times or on their website.

God speed, Taff

Offline gt96

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: VALE TAFFY WILLIAMS
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 06:10:15 PM »
Sorely missed.
Was an inspiration back in the '70s
..and who could forget that bright orange Maico in his shop window when he first opened.
Rest well Taffy.

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 07:18:57 PM »
That is really sad news Foss,
My condolences to Taffy's family and to you and E.A.  Taff sure was a character in the pits with his Welsh accent.
Taff and Ian were a great father and son team . R.I.P.
regards  Mark

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 10:15:28 PM »
That is sad, Taffy was one of the real characters of short circuit. Always willing to give anyone a hand.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 08:24:22 PM »
Taffy's funeral was held today.

If you would like to leave a message for Nancy and family you can do so at this link.

http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/canberratimes-au/guestbook.aspx?n=neville-williams&pid=166047033&cid=view#sthash.kEaVqhMC.dpbs

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 09:38:22 PM »
I didn't personally know Taffy but I know a lot of folks who did and not a single one has a bad word to say about him. Thanks for the  contribution Taffy.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha